Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Error 205958

Posted by rize92 
Error 205958
January 14, 2012 12:32PM
Hello can someone help me with this error, i have 4.3e and i changed the region to U

before i softmodded it, i had set the country to New Zeland..

after softmod everything worked perfectly but when i tried to go to internet channel to download it i got an error that says something like the channel is not compatible

i then went to priloader and enabled the settings that says something like 'no region limit on channels'

My problem is whenever clicking the shop channel, it says something like: "Your previous region shop channel was ..." then i get this error: 20595 because of the error i cannot use shop channel & i cannot download internet channel.

can I use any region changer to change the shop channel?

please help thanks!

Note: I didn't create/connect an account before softmod and never downloaded the internet channel before soft mod.
Re: Error 205958
January 14, 2012 12:39PM
You must have used the shop channel before changing the region, because that account is still registered. As that account is from old region (E), you can't access the shop channel. You need to change shop channel region back to E (you may be able to do this without full region change), and then if you want U shop channel, delete your account from shop channel before changing back. I'm not completely sure if it is even possible to change shop channel from original region these days, but I think that's how to do it. Otherwise, you're stuck with the E shop channel.
January 14, 2012 02:32PM
Most likely the shop region wasn't changed at all (only a new system menu installed) and is still set for somewhere in Europe. You can change it with anyRegionChanger but you have to know which country code to use: [wiibrew.org]
It is strongly advised not to change any other settings while using that app.
January 15, 2012 07:23AM
tueidj
Most likely the shop region wasn't changed at all (only a new system menu installed) and is still set for somewhere in Europe. You can change it with anyRegionChanger but you have to know which country code to use: [wiibrew.org]
It is strongly advised not to change any other settings while using that app.

so I will just change the country code and it'll work? thank you so much for the answers! will it not cause my wii to brick?
January 15, 2012 07:32AM
SifJar
You must have used the shop channel before changing the region, because that account is still registered. As that account is from old region (E), you can't access the shop channel. You need to change shop channel region back to E (you may be able to do this without full region change), and then if you want U shop channel, delete your account from shop channel before changing back. I'm not completely sure if it is even possible to change shop channel from original region these days, but I think that's how to do it. Otherwise, you're stuck with the E shop channel.

i'm kind of okay with being stuck with E shop channel but my problem is, I couldn't even use it because of the error code :(
January 15, 2012 09:51AM
Got it fixed by following this steps:

Load Any Region Changer
Change the Shop Channel region back the the original region of the Wii (before the region change).
Make sure the EULA is marked as "read".
Load the Shop Channel and delete your account - You need your serial number for this.
Go back to Any Region Changer
Change the Shop Channel region to the current region of your Wii.
Make sure the EULA is marked as "read".
Load the Shop Channel and create a new account.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login