Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

GBA emu on Wii without homebrew (noob needs help)

Posted by hwg_olimar 
GBA emu on Wii without homebrew (noob needs help)
January 22, 2012 09:46PM
what i'm really wondering is if there's any way to play a GBA-emulator from a disc and saving out the save files to my gamecube memory card, much like i do with the NES/SNES-emulator i use. i don't have homebrew or SD-cards.
please help.
Re: GBA emu on Wii without homebrew (noob needs help)
January 22, 2012 11:20PM
Unless you have a modchip and a very old System Menu (or rather, old System Menu IOS, but it's easier to tell System Menu), then no. But seeing as you can load a SNES/NES emulator this way, you must have these things I guess. In which case, make another disc the same way you did with the other emulator and use it the same way I guess. Although I don't know about saving to GC, or where you would load ROMs from without SD. Do you have a USB drive you could use for ROMs and saves?
January 24, 2012 07:13AM
i do have a wiikey1 modchip. the NES/SNES-emulators i use are actually designed for the gamecube i guess. i use it on my wii because it means i can boot the games from the dvd and i can save my games to my gc-memory card, i don't have to use homebrew, usb-drives or sd-cards.
i just wish i could do the same thing with a GBA-emu.

any help appreciated.
January 24, 2012 11:55AM
Well if there's a GBA emulator for the GC, then that'll work. If not, it won't. I don't know anything about GC homebrew, so I can't really help there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login