Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Recommeded apps for changing region for 4.3U?

Posted by JGuy 
Recommeded apps for changing region for 4.3U?
March 02, 2012 07:37AM
I'd like to know the best region changer for 4.3U. I've tried AnyRegion but I've been having trouble getting it to work right (i.e. switching the Area and SM setting, stuff like that). If that is the best one, then I would greatly appreciate some help and advice. I'd like to know EXACTLY what I must do. I don't want to do anything stupid and regret it later. A quick reply would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 07:38AM by JGuy.
Re: Recommeded apps for changing region for 4.3U?
March 02, 2012 05:46PM
I believe the only way to do it currently is use AnyRegion Changer to change the region settings, but DON'T install the other region System Menu with ARC. Then run dop-Mii:WiiBrew Edition and install 4.3 from the region you want to go to.

For ARC, you need to have an old revision of IOS36, which won't work on Wii's made in the last couple of years.

I must ask though: Why do you want to change the region? It is almost certainly unnecessary.
March 03, 2012 12:12AM
If you must know, I want to play the Japanese version of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (for speedrunning purposes). I have the means to play it, I just still need to change the region to the appropriate one. Assuming changing the region is entirely necessary for it, of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2012 12:13AM by JGuy.
March 03, 2012 12:15AM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention. My Wii is over 5 years old, so the IOS working properly (hopefully) shouldn't be a problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2012 12:34AM by JGuy.
March 03, 2012 12:17AM
There are a couple other games/things I want to use this for, but JP OoT is the main reason.
March 03, 2012 12:21AM
And just out of curiosity, is there any reasonable way for owners of newer Wiis to change regions?
March 03, 2012 12:44AM
One more thing I should mention (I don't know if what you said applies to this) is that I get the "usual" errors when I attempt to change the Area and SM settings (ret = 1026, Area/SM mismatch warning despite no mismatch, etc, etc). I believe the Wb page on ARC says that installing the aforementioned IOS would fix this. I'm not going to ask for the old revision's location, as I'm pretty sure that's against the rules of this forum, but I'd like to know the best way to install it. Is it just from the SD card?

Also, which specific settings in ARC are necessary to be changed for what I want to do?

I'm really sorry if these questions are rather noobish, but I am pretty new to all of this, and I don't want to make any mistakes if I can help it.
March 03, 2012 02:26AM
Next time, instead of making multiple posts in a row, use the Edit button.
As for playing other region games, there's a few ways to do it.
1. You can switch the Wii's region entirely, but this is a more permanent solution for if you will only be playing those games.
2. You can use Gecko OS to load the game.
3. You can use Preloader (or Priiloader) to patch the System Menu to be region free. That way you can load all region games from the menu itself.

If you still want to use AnyRegion Changer, use DOP-Mii to install IOS36 v 1042 and then it will work for you.
Otherwise get Gecko OS or Priiloader.

Also, since Ocarina of Time is a Virtual Console game, there's no way for you to legitimately get the Japanese version. We don't support piracy on these forums so don't mention WADs or anything like that.
March 03, 2012 06:52AM
Sorry about all the posts. Too many brain farts :/ (Huge noob, like I said) It won't happen again, I promise.

And I guess I'll work the rest out for myself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2012 07:03AM by JGuy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login