Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

update HBC and system menu?

Posted by slingblade01 
update HBC and system menu?
January 12, 2012 03:52AM
Hi,

I installed HBC a couple of years ago. It hasn't seen much use in the last year. Now the kids are interested in it and received a copy of Epic Mickey (legit copy). I popped in the disk and got a black screen. That's when I shut it down and start reading...a lot has changed!

Current Setup:
System menu 3.2u
HBC 1.0.1 IOS36 v4.18

I assume I need to update the sys menu but not sure?
Also, I assume I need to update HBC to 1.0.8 but not sure?
Do I update via sd again or is this now done via the internet?
Is there any downside to updating?

TIA
Re: update HBC and system menu?
January 12, 2012 04:34AM
1) Yes, a system menu update may be required to play the game

2) Yes, make sure that you update HBC first so it won't be deleted by the system menu update. And if you have bootmii it may be deleted so you'll most likely have to reinstall it.

3) you can use either internet or SD card to update HBC

4) As far as I know, there is no downside to updating. The only changes to the system menu are the addition of the SD card menu and support for SDHC
March 05, 2012 09:33AM
how do i update to the newer installer so my wii remote can work i hope.

can i just replace the files or like you said reinstall which sucks a little
March 12, 2012 12:24PM
hi
i got softmodded wii running sm 4.2, and the newest HBC, should i update to sm 4.3 online from nintendo like recommended?

thanks in advance
March 12, 2012 07:01PM
If you feel you are missing out on anything by staying on 4.2, feel free to update. If everything you need is working right now, there is no point updating. Updating will add nothing, but there is a small risk of bricking with every update (this has nothing to do with homebrew), so unless you actually want 4.3 for whatever reason, there's no real need to update. There are no new features in 4.3, so you're not missing out.
March 12, 2012 11:19PM
@ SifJar
So i guess i'll stay with this, thanks :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login