Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Quick clarification needed

Posted by kingklesus 
Quick clarification needed
March 30, 2012 06:36AM
On the wiibrew main page, it says to run the latest HackMii installer and optionally upgrade to 4.3. I did the upgrade of homebrew channel, but didn't do the bootmii install, am I still good to go? Does HackMii = Homebrew channel?

Klesus
Re: Quick clarification needed
March 30, 2012 06:45PM
No, HackMii = HackMii. i.e. a blog on the internet. HackMii Installer (which is what you are actually talking about) also does not equal Homebrew Channel. Homebrew Channel = Homebrew Channel.
re
March 31, 2012 10:34AM
So what about the upgrade to 4.3? Is it unsafe to do it?
March 31, 2012 03:40PM
No, it is safe. Why would it say on the WiiBrew wiki to do it if it wasn't safe?
April 01, 2012 08:27AM
Well that's what I need clarification about, which I'm not sure if you've actually given me. I'm sorry if my question isn't so clear to follow, but if you're unsure to what I'm asking, why don't you just ask me to clarify my question?
Ok, so here I am going to be as clear as possible to what I am asking:
As I said in my original post, I have upgraded the homebrew channel (via homebrew channel's own upgrade mechanism), which (you probably should know) gave me the option to install the homebrew channel and bootmii (since the upgrader IS the hackmii installer, all I've said so far is true). I also said that I only upgraded the homebrew channel, I did not install bootmii. But the wiibrew homepage only states to run the hackmii installer, it does not go into specifics, thus the confusion. Is bootmii required to install as well before upgrading to 4.3? And for the question of safety, I mean will homebrew channel as well as all installed homebrew applications still be there after the upgrade to 4.3?
April 01, 2012 01:45PM
Like I quite clearly said, it is safe to update. Of course HBC will not be deleted, otherwise WiiBrew would not advise updating at all. BootMii is not necessary for updating, otherwise people who have never even heard of homebrew wouldn't be able to update.

I thought I had quite clearly stated that you can go ahead and update.
April 02, 2012 07:08AM
In your earlier posts, I feelt like you had a condecending tone to your replies, and wasn't sure if you were trolling me. But now that it has been cleared up, I thank you for taking your time.

I just think the wiibrew documentation could get a little update on these things so as these questions don't have to be asked in the first place.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login