Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Save Extractor/Installer

Posted by DracoSheep 
Save Extractor/Installer
August 19, 2012 08:56PM
I'm curious as to how I get the SaveExtractor/Installer App on Homebrew and be useable.

On the SD Card, I have the folder labeled "APPS" inside it are these files:

boot.dol
icon.png
meta.xml

I got the files from the Savegame Manager download.
(Also on the SD card is all the files that were used to put Homebrew on.)

So, where do I go from here?

I've already tried to put it onto Homebrew, the most I got was a screen with numbers and what not and that stuck around for about a half an hour before I decided to look up from what I was doing on my computer to see that it's been at the same screen for that said period of time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2012 08:56PM by DracoSheep.
Re: Save Extractor/Installer
August 19, 2012 09:05PM
Use Savegame Manager GX instead, it's better than the other solutions.
August 19, 2012 09:08PM
@SifJar:

Alright, do I have to do anything special with it? Or is it just go on Homebrew Channel and click "Internal SD Slot" and let things happen?
August 19, 2012 09:22PM
You have to load the app. Reading your first post again, I note that you say boot.dol etc. are inside "APPS". This is wrong. Firstly, the directory must be called "apps" (lower case, that's important). Secondly, each app needs to have it's own subfolder within "apps". The name doesn't matter. So for example, you might create a folder (inside "apps") called "savegame_manager" (avoid spaces in the folder name) and then put boot.dol, meta.xml and icon.png inside "savegame_manager", which is inside "apps". Then the app will show up when you load Homebrew Channel and you can click on it to load it.
August 19, 2012 09:26PM
Oh. Well thats very simple! Thank you! :)
August 19, 2012 09:35PM
Or I can just run into another problem, that's fine... >_>

So the lovely menu came up and it had all the pretty options of doing things, I hit load and my TV has been just plain black for roughly ten minutes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2012 09:35PM by DracoSheep.
August 19, 2012 09:44PM
Probably because Savegame Manager (GX) requires a cIOS if I recall correctly, which is something that isn't on Wiis by default. We cannot provide guidance for getting one here either. Sorry about that.
August 19, 2012 10:39PM
Another option would be to use Savegame Extractor and Savegame Installer, they only require the original disc and your sd card.

Savegame Extractor

Savegame Installer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login