Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

GCT Files...

Posted by I.R._Baboon 
GCT Files...
January 09, 2010 04:29PM
How do I load them in my Wii, I can't find GCT in my SD card. Do I need to download something that reads them or something?
Re: GCT Files...
January 09, 2010 04:52PM
You use Mega Code Downloader to download cheats in txt format then Cheat Code Manager to convert them to gct and put them on the SD card. Then you just launch Gecko OS, enable cheat codes and launch your game. I hope that answers your question, as I'm not 100% sure what you're really asking...
January 09, 2010 05:12PM
Well, I'm really trying to start the http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257400]Project Waluigi[/url] in Brawl but I it's not working, I don't really know what to do. The download instructions in the link doesn't really make it clear, it sounds as if I have to find the GCT file and start Brawl that way but I'm about 99.99% sure I'm wrong.

Edit:
This is where the gct card is located in my SD card

apps>apps>codes>RSBE01.gct

I think this could be wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2010 05:15PM by I.R._Baboon.
January 09, 2010 05:56PM
You have the GCT file in the wrong place. You need to download and extract the zip file from the page you linked, then copy the folder "codes" to the ROOT of your SD card (i.e. it should not be in any folder). You should have the following path to the GCT file: X:/codes/RSBE01.gct, where X:/ is the letter of your SD card.
January 09, 2010 08:33PM
Also, if you want apps to load, you need to delete your first apps folder. You have it setup like this:

apps/apps/etc.

It needs to look like this:

apps/etc.
January 10, 2010 12:39AM
SifJar
You have the GCT file in the wrong place. You need to download and extract the zip file from the page you linked, then copy the folder "codes" to the ROOT of your SD card (i.e. it should not be in any folder). You should have the following path to the GCT file: X:/codes/RSBE01.gct, where X:/ is the letter of your SD card.
Done, but how's the hack supposed to work? Is the gct supposed to show up on the wii when I go into the SD card?
January 10, 2010 12:52AM
Gecko OS will read the file and apply the codes to the game once you launch it.
January 10, 2010 04:23AM
I'll try that thanks for your help =)
January 10, 2010 06:15AM
You're welcome. Don't forget to thank SifJar, too! :D
January 10, 2010 03:15PM
Well, I've figured out a few things. The gecko OS works and runs the game perfectly but the hack doesn't show up on the game. I change the config on Gecko to having SD cheats but when I run the game it says the codes aren't found.
I have the gct file located here:
(SDCard)>codes>RSBE01.gct, am I doing this right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2010 03:18PM by I.R._Baboon.
January 10, 2010 03:24PM
What region is the game? I guess a problem could be codes being for wrong region, but I don't know what region the codes are for. Probably USA. If you have a PAL or Japanese copy of the game, that could be the issue. Although the codes may not be USA anyway...
January 10, 2010 03:45PM
I don't get why that would be the reason the codes can't be found.

The game is Super Smash Bros. Brawl from the PAL region btw.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2010 03:46PM by I.R._Baboon.
January 10, 2010 03:50PM
I.R._Baboon
I don't get why that would be the reason the codes can't be found.

...because the codes aren't for that game? Different codes are needed for different regions, and I assume the codes are for USA. Sorry.
January 11, 2010 06:18AM
I.R. Baboon
The game is Super Smash Bros. Brawl from the PAL region btw.

(SDCard)>codes>RSBE01.gct, am I doing this right?
There's your problem. The region is incorrect. You need to get codes for RSBP, not RSBE.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2010 06:18AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
January 11, 2010 09:58PM
And it doesn't look like Project Waluigi is available for PAL by the looks of things I'm afraid. You could request that someone port it in the thread you linked to, but it'd probably be a pretty big task, so there may not be many people willing to do it.
November 23, 2012 08:14PM
umm im having problems with my gct files i couldnt open them so i clicked open with internet explorer and now i cant figure out how to change it back to how it was before i clicked open with

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2012 08:16PM by shadowisard.
November 26, 2012 03:05AM
What operating system do you have? XP? Vista? Win7? 32 or 64 bit?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login