Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BOOTMII help

Posted by jedimaster_att 
BOOTMII help
May 21, 2009 05:42PM
Reading over different forums or what not, it has come to my attention that i should have BOOTMII installed in case of possibly bricking my wii. I tried to download it from
[bootmii.org]
But the file is and .elf and i thought that i needed a .dol yes I am a noob and learning as I go so if this in no way related sorry.
can someone give me a run down of how to install this, please...

Info, I just hacked my WII about a week ago with the bannerbomb exploit it is a 4.0U version, most of everything I have done up to this point has worked great i.e. emulators, dvdx, few other apps. I guess the reason I am most intrested in doing this is to use the NUS DOWNLOADER and it has a warning of a possible brick so I worry, is this safe to use as I dont know much about WADS and IOS. A possible tutorial on the NUS DOWNLOADER would be awsome too.
Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2009 11:45PM by jedimaster_att.
Re: BOOTMII / NUS DOWNLOADER
May 21, 2009 09:51PM
Rename it to boot.elf and do all of the normal stuff.

EDIT: Also, with BootMii, you have to install it as boot2 for brick protection, plus use the NAND dumper. And, one more thing, what are you trying to do with NUS Downloader?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2009 09:53PM by WikiFSX.
Re: BOOTMII / NUS DOWNLOADER
May 21, 2009 11:44PM
I will try to installe using boot.elf and see if this works, I am no longer intrested in NUS downloader its not what I thought it was, from what I understand I should have a back up because I am attempting to change my WII's theme via Edited Out, should I worry about a possible brick doing this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2009 09:12PM by Arikado.
Re: BOOTMII help
May 22, 2009 12:16AM
Yes, you should.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login