Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

IOS to factory (sorry for dumb question)

Posted by doofus123 
IOS to factory (sorry for dumb question)
May 23, 2009 03:30AM
Hi, I want to make my wii a virgin and am wondering how if it is possible to set my ios's to the factory state. I am on 3.2U, what ios's should i have? Thanks!!
Re: IOS to factory (sorry for dumb question)
May 24, 2009 04:28PM
If you really want factory state IOS's on your Wii, the only way to do that is to upgrade thru Nintendo (which I DO NOT recommend)
May 24, 2009 05:09PM
It's generally nearly impossible to do. (And pointless) (And a waste of time) (Did I mention pointless?)
May 25, 2009 11:26PM
But what about extra ios's (not cios) that you installed? Does nintendo update get rid of those, or does the update include all of the ios's so you can't have extra ones...?

Thank you so much for your time :)
May 25, 2009 11:43PM
doofus123
Does nintendo update get rid of those, or does the update include all of the ios's so you can't have extra ones...?

On the Wii there are 252 IOS slots.

An Online-update does only update any IOS that is on Nintendo's Update Servers.
It does not touch other IOS slots.

As of now, Nintendo only blocks (deletes) one IOS slot, that is know to be used for piracy.
May 26, 2009 11:33PM
sorry for bugging you, but so do the nintendo updates come with ALL of the nintendo ios's?
May 26, 2009 11:39PM
Not necessarily, only the ones it wants to update, if there's an IOS that hasn't been updated since your 3.2u, then it won't bother updating that one. Why would you want to make your Wii totally clean again anyway. you're on the best System Menu for homebrew anyway...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login