Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

System Menu 4.1

Posted by flyguy 
Re: System Menu 4.1
July 22, 2009 02:46AM
here it is wiibrew wiki

feel free to edit it as appropriate

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2009 02:55AM by flyguy.
July 22, 2009 12:28PM
Your instructions for instaling cIOS on 4.0 are wrong and wont work. AnyRegionChanger wont downgrade from 4.0 to 3.2. It'll only work on 3.3v1 and below. I believe you need to use CMDVDX34 and then do stuff with WADs and its all unsupported here. Does StartPatch really need cIOS? Can it not use trucha IOS 36 or something?
July 22, 2009 03:26PM
4.0 startpatch i believe uses ios 36 but 4.1 was to unstable with ios 36 so uses cIOS sorry i will take it down.
July 22, 2009 03:31PM
You dont need to take down the app, just take down your instructions for getting cIOS. Because they wont work. But you can leave the app there. There are other apps like dop-ios which require cIOS to work, and they are on wiibrew, so leave it there. but remove your instructions for getting cIOS. And dont replace them as the only methods to get cIOS on 4.0 are not supported here. but if you have installed it with tona's installer on a lower firmware, these things will work and are supported.
July 22, 2009 03:52PM
done, removed and edited some wording. any ideas how to get this to work on 4.1 or 4,0 without having cIOS previously installed
July 22, 2009 04:06PM
If it does require cIOS, there is no way I know that is supported here to get cIOS on 4.0 or 4.1
July 22, 2009 04:14PM
well thats to bad... maybe someone could release a way to install cIOS with some exploit on 4.0 or 4.1
July 22, 2009 04:35PM
There are ways to do it, but they're unsupported here, or illegal. The only people who could release a cIOS installer for 4.0 or 4.1 are Team Twizzers as they have an exploit which would allow that, the one used in HackMii installer to install HBC, DVDx and BootMii, but they will not do this as cIOS' main use is still piracy, which Team Twiizers are against.
July 22, 2009 04:44PM
really? i did not know that. however could Team Twiizers release a cIOS that cant be used for piracy but will still enable these apps to work?
July 22, 2009 04:52PM
I dont know if that is possible. Because you see for these apps to run there has to be trucha bug in the cIOS, and the main hurdle for pirates using warez on 4.0/4.1 is the lack of a trucha IOS. And if Team Twiizers released a cIOS, it would have to have the trucha bug, which would allow pirates to install their WADs and run their pirated games. And because these apps need a trucha bugged IOS in IOS 249 slot, it wouldnt work any other way. So I can't see any way for Team Twiizers to make a cIOS which doesnt help piracy, but allows these apps to run. The best option would be if dop-ios and startpatch where modified to run off IOS 35, and you could then just use CMDVDX34 to downgrade IOS 35, then run either of them. And use dop-ios to install any other trucha IOS required for any app.
July 22, 2009 04:58PM
true but until aquilino can make the IOS 36 way of running more stable.... this is what we get. ohh well
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login