Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

help with bootmii

Posted by quezadajosh 
help with bootmii
September 22, 2009 06:02AM
Hi, i am new to The Homebrew channel and have a Question conserning bootmii. i installed bootmii and bootmii configuration to my wii. it will give me the option to launch bootmii when i leave HBC but i though it was intended to show up when i first turn my wii on. It wont. it wil only show up when i launch it when exiting HBC. what have i missed. is'nt bootmii intended to launch when you first turn wii on to be a bricking prevention. please help. any advise would be great. and i mean this with the most respect for those smarter than me with computers, but pleases try to dumm down the computer lingo for me in.
Re: help with bootmii
September 22, 2009 06:43AM
The reason its not coming up when you first turn on your wii is because you installed it as an IOS. This means that it will not come up when you turn on your wii.

If you had installed it with the option that says boot2, it would have come up immediately.

For some people the "boot2" option won't work, because they don't have a vulnerable "boot1".
So, if you try to install it as boot2, and it doesn't let you, then you don't have a way of complete brick protection.

I'm sorry if this is confusing, just ask if you don't understand something.
September 22, 2009 02:53PM
If you have preloader, you would have some amount of brick protection... Preloader would let you boot into the HBC, from there you would go into bootmii.
September 22, 2009 09:54PM
is there away that i can reinstall it as a boot2 then. if there is i would be very greatful for advise. or please point me to a good online sourse. thanks for those that responded.
September 23, 2009 01:11AM
Well you must be able to install as boot2.... If you launch the hackmii installer it will tell you if you can or not...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login