Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I cant download the DVDX

Posted by josenix 
I cant download the DVDX
November 03, 2009 01:59AM
when I used the bannerbomb to download the homebrew channel, i downloaded the DVDX with no problem, but when i used a homebrew application that requires DVDX i cant use it, so I downloaded the DVDX installer for the homebrew channel in the homebrew browser, but when i try to download it it says: ERROR -2011 installing DVD stub ticket
ERROR -2011 installing stub
I have tried the normal install, the patchmii install and the advanced install with every IOS available, but it always says the same thing, What should i do? IM DESPERATE
Re: I cant download the DVDX
November 03, 2009 02:13AM
That installer no longer works.

The applications don't work because they relied on DVDX having the Title ID (internal content identifier, much like a file name) DVDX, but the current version of DVDX uses the Title ID DISC. Open-source applications can be modified to use the new Title ID.
November 03, 2009 11:02PM
so what can i do?
November 03, 2009 11:04PM
Wait. Apps will be updated with time to support the new DVDx. Until then, feel free to download the source of open source apps and fix them yourself.
November 04, 2009 09:06PM
ok, thank you mate
November 04, 2009 09:08PM
I have another problem, i cant see to install the cIOS in any near future, because ive tried with many cIOS installers but none gives me any results
November 04, 2009 09:36PM
we dont support cIOS here because its only use is piracy, which we are strongly against. You could argue that it can be used for "legal backups", but most of the time it is used for piracy. Therefore, if we help you with it, even if you use it for legal purposes, pirates can come along, see the information we give you and use it to pirate games instead.
November 04, 2009 10:01PM
SifJar
we dont support cIOS here because its only use is piracy,
And some apps. Which we have fixed and don't need cIOS :-)
November 04, 2009 10:11PM
metroid_maniac
SifJar
we dont support cIOS here because its only use is piracy,
And some apps. Which we have fixed and don't need cIOS :-)

Only supported apps which need cIOS are dop-IOS and StartPatch. With dop-IOS MOD, cIOS is no longer needed, and cIOS is only needed for the 4.1 version of StartPatch.
November 08, 2009 10:54PM
just a quick question on the DVDx issue i have the homebrew channel installed i have a new will with 4.2 after following all the instruction and installing everything (all i want it to do is play dvds) i still cant get it to play dvds yet DVDx is installed i insert the disk it spins but nada anyone know of this issue and how to resolve it i did hear that restarting the wii could also cause the DVDx channel to be dumped or something is this also true cheers for any support i will keep browsing forums to se if i can find anything aswell :o)
November 08, 2009 11:45PM
no1jester
just a quick question on the DVDx issue i have the homebrew channel installed i have a new will with 4.2 after following all the instruction and installing everything (all i want it to do is play dvds) i still cant get it to play dvds yet DVDx is installed i insert the disk it spins but nada anyone know of this issue and how to resolve it i did hear that restarting the wii could also cause the DVDx channel to be dumped or something is this also true cheers for any support i will keep browsing forums to se if i can find anything aswell :o)
This question has been asked alot. The answer is that its not working because the applications all need to be updating to use the new dvdx instead of the old one.
November 08, 2009 11:55PM
I think he's trying to play a DVD through the Disc Channel. That does not work and never has.
November 09, 2009 12:22AM
...and never will.
November 09, 2009 05:02AM
what do you mean by the disk channel? i am trying to use the media player CE and TT i have been browsing the forums tried to update to usb2 cant seem to get it to do that either

i used the hackmii installer to install homebrew and DVDx then an apps folder did the media players nothing im sorry if i am making people repeat them selves i am trying to find it on the forums as well but time limits me unfortunately

if ther eis a new DVDx that u can send me a link to please do or a recomendation on the cIOS cIOS <-- the one i am using

any help is definatly greatly apreciated
November 09, 2009 11:20PM
Arikado
no1jester
This question has been asked alot. The answer is that its not working because the applications all need to be updating to use the new dvdx instead of the old one.
November 17, 2009 12:40PM
anyone got any news on an update?
November 17, 2009 12:51PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login