Advanced

Newbiw help - DVD and internet

Posted by mal_k100 
Newbiw help - DVD and internet
December 17, 2009 05:56PM
Just got a Wii and have been trying to get it to
1. Play DVD
2. Browse the internet

I'll try and give as much info as I understand......
1. Serialnumber begins SEH253
2.Wii Settings show Ver. 4.2E
3. Homebrew has DVDx Installer and DVDxINstaller 3.4 (as well as some other stuff including Boot Mii)
4. I run DVDxinstaller and get Version: (blank) I click Load and I get DVD Stub Installer v0.2
it doesn;t seem to matter whether I click Normal , Patch Mii or advanced, I always get 'Error -2011'. I have tried a number of different IOS numbers (newbie so I am guessing) 36 249 256
I think the system must be modded but no idea how to find out.
5. If I run DVDx installer 3.4 I get the DVD Stub Installer v0.3 and only a single option to install. This is configured to use IOS36 and fails with Error -1030002011
I was told that the box can read DVD so what do I need to do ? I'd like a VERY slow simple step by step explanation, or a link if you have time guys.

Browsing the internet
I read that I need to go to Wii Shop. It asks me to upgrade but after a while (presumably downloading) I get and error message saying that I cannot upgrade.
I just want to use the Wii to browse around as on a PC so is there some way I can do this ?

Help would be appreciated - thanks
Re: Newbiw help - DVD and internet
December 17, 2009 06:03PM
That installer is outdated. Use The Hackmii Installer to install DVDx.
December 17, 2009 09:11PM
Can anyone provide me with step by step details on how to use this please?
I have downloaded the suggested file to my PC but it consists of a number of files some of which appear to be for Linux and Windows. There is a boot.elf file but I don't know what to do with it !
I really could do with step by step instructions as this is all new to me - only used to PCs.
Thanks
December 18, 2009 01:09AM
See the apps folder on your SD card? Open it. Create a folder called HackMii in there. Move the ELF file (make sure it is called boot.elf) into there, and launch HBC. There should be an option called /apps/HackMii or something similar. The program is easy to use from there.

If you do not know what BootMii is, figure it out before you install it.
December 18, 2009 03:21PM
Thanks for that, it all seemed to go ahead, I got success message on everything. I can actually put in a DVD and select the odd track by using the file option in Mplayer CE but this doesn't have a way to select the part of the video in the video start screen, th part where normally I can use a cursor to select PLAY, options or whatever else is on the film. This is to play an ordinary DVD, not an avi file.
The bootmii seems to be like using an unslung operating system, check to use SD rather than inbuilt, which makes sense.
The DVDx seems to be similar to a codec but presumably for reading DIVX (.avi) files.
Maybe I am asking the wrong question - what application should I use to run a standard DVD which has menu options at the start. Happy to run the .ifo or .vob but would prefer not to. At the moment I can't find one that works properly - I get pixelated video or in some case speeded up audio !
SO for 4.2 , what should I use ?
(P.S. learning fast - thanks)
December 18, 2009 05:48PM
To my knowledge the menus found on DVD's don't work in MPlayer CE (or anything else on the Wii for that matter), you simply have to select which Title to watch from the player menu.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login