Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Unable to use codes for VC/Wiiware

Posted by Heatman 
Re: Unable to use codes for VC/Wiiware
March 13, 2010 06:03AM
Have you already gotten codes for MegaMan? The Patch File is supposed to be optional...I'm pretty sure you can enable/disable it in the config settings of the Gecko OS menu.
March 13, 2010 06:23AM
That may have done it, thanks. It loaded the game, but the codes I wanted didn't seem to work. Is the only thing really needed to use codes the .gct file? As I posted earlier, I used this link to get my MegaMan 9 codes for example (removing the ones I didn't want to use) and then clicked Download GCT. That goes in the 'codes' folder too, right?

And on a related note, whenever I load the Download Manager, I just get a black screen and nothing happens. I assume this downloads codes and makes life much easier, and I bet if I can get these couple resolved, I should be good to go. Would you have any idea as to why the Download Manager won't load for me?
March 13, 2010 06:27AM
Try using this download manager:
[wiibrew.org]
March 13, 2010 07:02AM
Awesomeness! It works, and it looks like the codes work now! (Except moon jump, but meh. I can scrounge for that myself later) Thanks so much for all the help, I trust I should be set now unless I have other problems set in down the road, but you've been a great help! :D
March 13, 2010 07:18AM
Sweet, I'm glad you got it working! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask! :)

I remember a while back when I was trying to set up Gecko OS and channel loading. BLEH. It took me forever to figure it out...So I understand that you're excited. :P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login