Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pls!! need help installing homebrew applications

Posted by H2K352 
Pls!! need help installing homebrew applications
August 14, 2010 09:48PM
Ok heres the deal. my wii is version 4.3 i already downloaded and installed homebrew channel.what my only problem is that the apps i put on my sd card wont show up in the homebrew channel. im making an app folder in the root of the sd, putting the app in. but nothing it still wont show up in homebrew channel. i researched and found some ppl say u must make a boot.dol folder or file or something of the sort for the app to show up. can someone pls explain this to me in detail ive tried everything and nothing . any help would be appreciated.

also when i try to load homebrew browser i keep getting a code dump?? how do i fix this
Re: Pls!! need help installing homebrew applications
August 15, 2010 06:55AM
How can you be having this problem with apps if you already have the Homebrew Browser? That doesn't really make much sense....

In the root of your SD card, make a folder called 'apps' (not 'app').

Now, download an app from wiibrew.org. For example, WiiEarth.

The download is called WiiEarth.zip. The zip contains a folder called WiiEarth. Place it in the 'apps' folder.

Just to clear up the 'boot.dol' thing, go to the SD card, go inside the apps folder, go in the WiiEarth folder and you will see three (3) icons: boot.dol, icon.png, and meta.xml. You don't need to make a boot.dol or anything; it's already there. The boot.dol is the app.

Now, plug your SD card into the Wii, start up the Homebrew Channel and viola (that's french)! WiiEarth is now listed in the Homebrew Channel.

-edit-
Meh, didn't realize you'd already made another thread about this. :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2010 06:56AM by Weasel.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login