Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Update to 4.3

Posted by saa6786 
Update to 4.3
November 25, 2012 06:14PM
I have system version 4.3 and i have usb loader gx on my wii but I DO NOT HAVE HOMEBREW ON MY WII. There is a new version on 4.3 released. The update changes the wii shop channel and adds a youtube channel and a wii to wii u transfer channel. Can i safely update?
Re: Update to 4.3
November 25, 2012 07:01PM
There is NOT a "new version of 4.3". There is a Shop Channel update (which appears as a system update), which also installs IOS62 (required for the WiiU transfer channel). Once you have updated the shop channel, you can then download YouTube and WiiU Transfer Channel if you wish (they are not part of the update).

As for the safety of updating: As is very clearly stated in the rules of the forum, which you agreed to when signing up, we do NOT support backup loaders or cIOS or any of that sort of thing. We can offer no advice on those matters. You even mentioned that you don't have the homebrew channel, which is one of the things we DO support here. All I can really tell you is that HBC would be fine through the update, and legitimate homebrew works fine after installing it. As for your warez crap, I have no idea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2012 07:02PM by SifJar.
November 26, 2012 03:15AM
To SifJar:

So, what I THINK you are saying is, in your opinion:

1.) The Wii Shop Channel update and IOS62 should NOT "uninstall" Homebrew or render it unable to run Bootmii

2.) If you have an older Wii, the Wii Shop Channel update and IOS62 should not keep a Wii from booting directly into Bootmii

3.) If I have not yet modded my Wii, the Wii Shop Channel update and IOS62 should not keep me from modding using the methods published before November 6, 2012 ( the release date of the Wii Shop Channel update and IOS62).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2012 03:17AM by AStew98946.
November 26, 2012 06:24AM
um... thnks for the help :/
November 26, 2012 10:10AM
AStew98946
To SifJar:

1.) The Wii Shop Channel update and IOS62 should NOT "uninstall" Homebrew or render it unable to run Bootmii

2.) If you have an older Wii, the Wii Shop Channel update and IOS62 should not keep a Wii from booting directly into Bootmii

3.) If I have not yet modded my Wii, the Wii Shop Channel update and IOS62 should not keep me from modding using the methods published before November 6, 2012 ( the release date of the Wii Shop Channel update and IOS62).

No, not "in my opinion"; this is fact. The update will not remove HBC, or stop it working, or prevent it from being installed. Nor will it remove BootMii (as IOS or boot2), provided you already have the latest official version of boot2 (if you have updated to 4.3 via the official means, you do already have the latest version), or stop it from working, or prevent it from being installed.
November 27, 2012 01:42AM
thank you sifjar, i will cross my fingers and to the update ASAP :)
November 27, 2012 08:10AM
SifJar
AStew98946
To SifJar:

No, not "in my opinion"; this is fact. The update will not remove HBC, or stop it working, or prevent it from being installed. Nor will it remove BootMii (as IOS or boot2), provided you already have the latest official version of boot2 (if you have updated to 4.3 via the official means, you do already have the latest version), or stop it from working, or prevent it from being installed.

Excellent!! I will update without fear or hesitation. Thank you.
November 28, 2012 06:07AM
i updated and it worked like a charm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login