Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question about PAL games

Posted by pomchip 
Question about PAL games
November 29, 2012 10:39PM
Hi,

I am new to this forum and please bear with me and my limited understanding of Wii home brew.

So my problem is the following. I have a US Wii system (4.3U) which I used to play US games. Last year, I bought a brand new Wii game in France (ie, a PAL game) while I was traveling there... Needless to say, it does not work on my system but I was hoping I could use home brew to play this game (although I did not have time to spare to address this issue until now).

Is this the good place to ask for help? If so, is there a solution to my problem?

Thanks
Re: Question about PAL games
November 30, 2012 04:32PM
You can use a bunch of different loaders to do this. Popular ones include Gecko OS (also includes stuff like cheats and some more advanced configuration options like video modes), TinyLoad (has the benefit of being extremely small [<4KB if I recall correctly], and no GUI to boots the inserted game instantly instead of loading a GUI first) and Riivolution (which has some fairly advanced file replacement features allowing modding games quite heavily, but it can also just simply load an out of region game).

I'd advise trying TinyLoad first as it is the simplest (insert disc, open HBC, run TinyLoad), and if it doesn't seem to work, try one of the others.
Re: Question about PAL games
December 02, 2012 01:07AM
Thanks

It worked with Riivolution.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login