Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew not working with the Interworks Pro U Controller

Posted by DTY16 
Homebrew not working with the Interworks Pro U Controller
February 13, 2013 05:04AM
I really like this third party controller. It is a wireless controller shaped after the Wii U Pro that functions as a Classic Controller with a built in motion sensor and rumble for Wiimote functionality.

Now on the back of the controller there are a couple of switches. One switch changes the controller from CC Mode to Wiimote Mode. This works flawlessly for all official software, but for some reason, NO homebrew application will work in Classic Controller mode.

Is there any reason for this? Does anybody else posses this controller?

[www.amazon.com]

Or am I just forced to use a normal CC for my homebrew?
Thanks in advance.
Re: Homebrew not working with the Interworks Pro U Controller
February 13, 2013 10:03AM
Unofficial Classic Controllers don't work quite the same way as official ones, and so libogc (the Wii homebrew library) doesn't support them. It is coded specifically for official controllers, and to work with unofficial ones, it would have to be modified.

I'm not completely clear why these controllers work with official software, but yet aren't compatible with homebrew though; to work with official software, I'd have assumed they would have to be pretty close to official ones, but if that were the case, I'd have assumed they would work with homebrew.

In any case, there are small differences which mean they generally don't work with homebrew. I'm afraid you'll have to use another controller if you have one.
February 13, 2013 06:34PM
Thank you for the response. I really dont get why it doesnt work, as my Nyko classic controller does...but whatever.

I really wanted to use this but alas I cannot. Oh well.
March 21, 2013 10:11PM
What would it take to alter the libogc?

I think this is a really nice controller, accept it doesnt support buttons needed for SNES and N64.

It would be awesome to get this support for homebrew apps.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login