Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Questions about the SD card for Wii modding

Posted by crawmerax 
Questions about the SD card for Wii modding
May 28, 2013 06:28PM
Hi everyone,

I have a Wii that was modded by a friend, and over the past year I have been taking the 'crash course' in Wii modding, and I am now feeling confident enough to mod a Wii myself.

I just have a couple questions regarding the SD card if anyone can help me. I pulled the SD card out of my Wii and found that it was a 4GB SDHC card, but it's been working fine.

I've read the main Wii Homebrew guides several times and have seen that they say you cannot use an SDHC card for this.

So, I'm wondering - can I actually use an SDHC card to install homebrew on a Wii ? Are there any other SD card restrictions to this (such as capacity limits?)

Why is it posted in many places that SDHC is incompatible for the Wii ?

Are there any other functions of the SD card in a hacked Wii, other than installing homebrew, that won't work with SDHC?

Thanks all !
Re: Questions about the SD card for Wii modding
May 28, 2013 11:29PM
If you're using the letterbomb exploit you can use a SDHC card. If you're using one of the exploits that require a game you must use a regular SD card. Those are the only differences.
Re: Questions about the SD card for Wii modding
July 02, 2013 06:20PM
FYI SDHC Cards work on 4.0 and up.
The Wii's capacity limit is 32 You can only use SDHC's on LetterBomb (4.3) and BannerBomb (4.1, 4.2).
Another FYI, If you copy or move Homebrew Apps but installed as Homebrew App Channels to the card, it will say Failed to load.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login