Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Total Homebrew N00b, Just Got It Yesterday...Have a Question...

Posted by zachev2kool 
Total Homebrew N00b, Just Got It Yesterday...Have a Question...
January 13, 2009 07:56AM
How do I put homebrew apps on the system menu as a channel? I've seen some videos on YouTube of people with GeckoOS and MPlayer and stuff on the Wii System menu. Plz help, I'm getting the hang of the channel and SD use, I'm just not sure about this.

Thanks,
Zach

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2009 07:58AM by zachev2kool.
Re: Total Homebrew N00b, Just Got It Yesterday...Have a Question...
January 13, 2009 08:13AM
I Dont think You Can... Download Homebrew Channel And Go Through there, INstalling data as a channel is possibly dangerous, especially for a noob. leave it to the pros This is what makes Homebrew Channel safer to use
January 13, 2009 08:19AM
I already have the Homebrew Channel...I've just seen people with Homebrew apps on the Wii System Menu. =\ Just wondering how.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2009 08:20AM by zachev2kool.
January 13, 2009 09:02AM
It involves creating a banner (as no real toolset has been released to the public, these are edited banners from other channels), and installing the app, with the banner and a NAND loader using fakesigning (or other exploit)

Technically, you could get away without installing a banner, and you'll just get a black screen in your channel
January 13, 2009 07:36PM
I wouldn't mess around with this until a way that is using non nintendo code is found...
January 13, 2009 11:09PM
you can take you channels, gut them and put homebrew dols in them... but it is illegal to distribute, and impossible legally on 3.3 v2 or 3.4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login