Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3 Homebrew Questions HELP / ADVICE!!

Posted by Wozawii 
3 Homebrew Questions HELP / ADVICE!!
January 14, 2009 01:50PM
Hi All,

I have already updated my wii with the latest firmware 3.4(fool I know !!).
I am about to go and get Zelda to do the twighlight hack but have a few questions first before I go ahead......

1. Am I still able to install homebrew even though I have the latest firmware update installed?
2. Once installed will I still be able to play Mario Kart online for example?
3. What should I do if I rent a game that asks me to update?

If you could advise me on what NOT to do or download for future reference that would be great!

Many Thanks in advance

Woza.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2009 01:51PM by Wozawii.
Re: 3 Homebrew Questions HELP / ADVICE!!
January 14, 2009 03:29PM
Answer 1: Yes
Answer 2: Yes

and Answer 3: There is a homebrew app called GeckoOs, you can block (skip) updates with that

I'd advise you not to update anymore... Have Fun!!!
January 15, 2009 11:24AM
and Answer 3: There is a homebrew app called GeckoOs, you can block (skip) updates with that

I'd advise you not to update anymore... Have Fun!!!

What do I do in gecko0s options to block all further updates...
January 15, 2009 05:17PM
Firstly.. you run it via the Homebrew Channel... Second.. you look for... Launch Game (should be first option in the list).. then you press B to reboot... then after reboot.. you can normally run the game (without having to update)...

**FEW NOTES**

After using GeckoOS and pressing B to reboot

You can normally run games, without going to the homebrew channel (you only have to do the GeckoOs process ONCE)..

But one catch... if you pull the power plug from your wii, in other words if your wii has 0 power to it, (means no red light, no orange (or whatever color) light, and no green light).. THEN you'd have to do the GeckoOS reboot with hooks process again...

Soo.. to wrap it up

1) Homebrew Channel

2) GeckoOS

3) Press B on launch game

4) Play games normally

5) If wii has no power at all (no lights are on) then you have to reboot with hooks again

else if the wii has some type of power (any color light is on).. then you can play games normally (without updates ofcourse)..

i hope i explained this well enough.. Have FUN!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login