Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

homebrew trouble

Posted by philly99 
homebrew trouble
January 17, 2009 03:52PM
i just recently installed homebrew on my wii and it seemed to go fine, but problem is when i open up homebrew it says loading my sd card but then nothing shows up. it stays on the blue screen and does nothing. i've followed instructions i found on the web and youtube but it doesn't work. does anyone have any ideas on what might be the problem.

thanks
Re: homebrew trouble
January 17, 2009 04:09PM
Did you put any apps on your SD card?
January 17, 2009 04:25PM
yes there are apps on my sd card. i created a folder called apps and put the app in there like i saw in the instructions i found.
January 17, 2009 04:32PM
Are the apps named boot.dol and inside a folder inside the apps folder?
January 17, 2009 04:35PM
yes that is how i did it, does it matter what version of homebrew i have. i think it's 8. and i have version 3.4 wii.
January 17, 2009 04:38PM
That stuff doesnt matter much. What SD card are you using? What apps are you trying to use?
January 17, 2009 04:43PM
dvdx installer
January 17, 2009 04:48PM
Dvdx installer doesnt work on 3.4. But it should still appear in the HBC. Try putting another app in the apps folder and see if you can get that to work.
January 17, 2009 04:55PM
ok i just downloaded homebrew browser i'll try that see what happens.
January 17, 2009 04:59PM
Pleas tell me how that works out. Also, I must recomend my apps: Wii Shooting Gallery and WiiBreaker.
January 17, 2009 05:07PM
ok the browser works, i'll try those ones you mentioned. does the browser have to been started from the homebrew everytime or can you make it's own channel, and also one other app i was trying was wad installer and that don't work. i put in the apps folder same as the browser but it doesn't show up. anyway thanks for the help.
January 17, 2009 05:13PM
No WAD talk here. Doesnt matter for you, it doesnt work on 3.4
January 17, 2009 05:14PM
ok sorry for breaking any rules, thanks for the help.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.