Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question about ntsc save data on pal wii.

Posted by dan33333 
Question about ntsc save data on pal wii.
January 24, 2009 06:33PM
Okay, I've gotten the homebrew channel to work with my wii, because i figured that freeloader was obselite due to later updates. I'm only going to using it to load import games anyway,

But is there any way that i can update my wii normally now, without losing the savefiles for my imported games? I'd like to be able to use the Wii Shop channel, and to be able to play new games in the future (which are bound to have updates on them.) but the updates delete foreign save data.
I've got a PAL wii, v3.2 firmware, and Tales of Symphonia, Dokapon Kingdom and Super Smash Bros NTSC save files, which I use a lot and really don't want to lose! Plus there's bound to be more games that don't get released here that i'll import.

I figured there might be a homebrew app which can solve this problem, but then I haven't been able to find it.

If anyone can help, thank you very much!
Re: Question about ntsc save data on pal wii.
January 24, 2009 06:35PM
First, continually backup your save data on an SD card. Second, you can use Gecko OS to skip updates on game discs. Finally, we have an application which installs the latest version of the shop channel so there's no need to update your wii for the shop channel.

Gecko OS: [www.wiibrew.org]

Wii Shop and IOS 51 installer: [www.wiibrew.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2009 06:38PM by Arikado.
January 24, 2009 06:42PM
Okay, so that's the same as getting Nintendo's own update, without deleting my save data. That's brilliant, thanks a lot!

And I was already using Gecko OS, but I didn't realise it did that!
January 24, 2009 07:16PM
Not exactly, it just installs one part of Nintendo's update. Oh, and you'll need an internet connection to do it. One more app you may like is the Mii Channel Updater which, like the Shop Channel Updater, updates only the Mii Channel.

Mii Channel Updater: [www.wiibrew.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login