Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need help with running applications

Posted by FyshStyx 
Need help with running applications
January 27, 2009 06:07AM
Okay so I'm a beginner Wii homebrew user who's just installed the Homebrew Channel through the Twilight Hack on my version 3.3U console, and I put my applications (just the GeckoOS thing and the Code Manager for now) in the proper place according to the guide on the wiibrew wiki (E:\apps\folder name), but when I go into the Homebrew Channel and attempt to run them, I get an error message: "This is not a valid Wii application."

I understand from reading other threads and FAQs that there is something bad about using .elf files, but those are exactly what were included in the downloads for both of the applications. I also read that you could just rename the extension to .dol, and I tried that, but it still didn't work.

Could someone tell me if I forgot to do something in addition? Let me know if you need any additional information.
Re: Need help with running applications
January 27, 2009 07:37AM
You don't just rename the .elf to .dol, you have to convert it... You can use the program here
Re: Need help with running applications
January 27, 2009 01:14PM
If thats too hard, you can run the .elfs via booting the loadmii app and then running them through loadmii.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login