Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Firmware Downgrader

Posted by louann 
Firmware Downgrader
February 01, 2009 07:36PM
I am currently at 3.3U but I have read that I should Update prior to using the Firmware Downgrader to 3.2U. I am new to this but this would indicate to allow the 3.4U upgrade to be installed? Is this advisable?
Thank You
LouAnn
Re: Firmware Downgrader
February 01, 2009 07:40PM
If you are serious about downgrading, I advise you NOT to upgrade to 3.4 beforehand. Because once on 3.4, downgrading requires installing and illegal file beforehand.
February 01, 2009 08:16PM
Arikado
If you are serious about downgrading, I advise you NOT to upgrade to 3.4 beforehand. Because once on 3.4, downgrading requires installing and illegal file beforehand.

I got this idea because the post that I read stated all Home Brew applications would not run on 3.3U or 3.4U so the suggestion was to downgrade to 3.2U? So should I leave it at 3.3U and then downgrade to 3.2U? Or leave it at 3.3U?
Your Help is Appreciated.
Thank You
LouAnn
February 01, 2009 08:22PM
Whatever you read is completely, 100% positively, wrong. The only applications that will not run on 3.3v2 or 3.4 are the applications that illegally install channels or play burned games.
February 01, 2009 08:34PM
Arikado

Thank you for setting me straight on this topic sorry for all the newbie question...

LouAnn
February 01, 2009 08:37PM
No problem. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Arikado
February 01, 2009 09:01PM
Arikado
Whatever you read is completely, 100% positively, wrong. The only applications that will not run on 3.3v2 or 3.4 are the applications that illegally install channels or play burned games.

no, preloader, starfall and anyregion changer (maybe xyzzy) won't work on those either...
so the document is correct.
February 01, 2009 09:04PM
DrLucky
Arikado

no, preloader, starfall and anyregion changer (maybe xyzzy) won't work on those either...
Okay, you got me. I left out a few applications that also would no longer work. BTW, dvdx will also no longer work. However, those aren't even one tenth of all homebrew applications. So the document is still incorrect.
February 01, 2009 09:12PM
Arikado
DrLucky
Arikado

Okay, you got me. I left out a few applications that also would no longer work. BTW, dvdx will also no longer work. However, those aren't even one tenth of all homebrew applications. So the document is still incorrect.

that's right... I forgot about DVDx...
I'm still trying to figure out what all the drama was about comex's installer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login