Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Changing Wii's Region and System Menu

Posted by smiffy 
Changing Wii's Region and System Menu
February 13, 2009 04:18PM
hi been browsing web for a while now about how to change the wii Region from jap to english menu and this site looked to be the best to find my answers i have a mod wii with the dc2 chip the problem is its all in jap and i wanted it to be english ..lol right i followed instructions and i have the hbc up and running i got hold of some apps to look at alls well i did the install with the twlight hack no problems there i got hold of tona Region-Changer v 1.1
and put it in the apps folder on the sd card this is where im stuck coz the hbc dosnt find the Region-Changer on the sd card and ive looked everywhere for awswer cant find so im hoping you can help me out my v3.3j so will i need to downgrade as well
Re: Changing Wii's Region and System Menu
February 13, 2009 10:18PM
you need to make sure the region changer dol is called boot.dol

also, if you change your region, you might wanna check that your chip is set to the new region if it has that feature.
February 13, 2009 10:47PM
hi dr lucky thanks for the reply yeah the file is a boot.dol file and i think i can keep the region for j so that i just change the menu for english if that is possible i have copied the region changer to sd card the same way as the twilight hack so i dont get why the hbc dosnt pick it up ive tried all sorts soon as i add programmes like the dvd player they show up straight away on the hbc not sure why the changer isnt showing any other ideas many thanks......... could it be possible that the wii is version 3.3j would that make a diffrence on reading the region changer ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2009 10:48PM by smiffy.
February 13, 2009 11:01PM
Make sure your SD card path is:

/apps/afolder(doesntmatterwhatitsnamed)/boot.dol

If you're file path is anything different, the app wont show up.
February 13, 2009 11:09PM
hi have checked sd the only folder in root is apps open that i have the file region changer v1.1 open that and the files inside are data / libogc/ patches /source / anyregion changer 1.1.boot.dol /copying / make file / and the read me file
February 13, 2009 11:22PM
Again, mix, move, and rename files so that your path is:

/apps/afolder(doesntmatterwhatyounameit)/boot.dol

Your first step should be renaming ayregionchanger 1.1.boot.dol to boot.dol
February 13, 2009 11:36PM
ah yes the name of the file changed to just boot.dol and then it shows on hbc but when i ran it it came up with following
identifying as su...ok!
initializing file system driver ...ok!
init SYSCONF...ok!
error getting setting!0,0,0,0 -z4578

also is it possible to keep my region to j and just change the menu system to english

many thanks for the help
February 13, 2009 11:37PM
What firmware are you on?
February 13, 2009 11:43PM
the firmware is 3.3j the console is from japan and its got the dc2 chip in it if that makes a diffrence
February 14, 2009 12:20AM
You must have 3.3v2j Sorry, but anregionchanger doesnt work with that firmware.
February 14, 2009 12:40AM
you can contact comex on how to downgrade legally... (I wish someone would make a guide)
February 14, 2009 03:59AM
Lol, y do u start every post with hi?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login