Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Back Up Nand Feature

Posted by Valermos 
Back Up Nand Feature
May 15, 2009 12:15AM
Everytime I go to use backup nand it goes really slow and then freezes and when I say Slow its been over an hour then it froze. This has happened twice.
Re: Back Up Nand Feature
May 15, 2009 12:18AM
Have you tried using a different SD card?
May 15, 2009 12:22AM
It's probably because your SD card is too small. You need atleast a 1 GB card because your NAND will take up around 528 MBs.
May 15, 2009 01:57AM
The sd size was fine but I changed SD cards as that was the problem. So thanks diffikolt problem solved.
May 15, 2009 05:48AM
No problem at all. :)

Again, glad I could help.
May 15, 2009 11:30AM
after copying the nand.bin backup to a computer and reformatting the card again for normal use,
is all i have to do to restore the backup at a later time to reformat the card in fat32, label it bootmiibackup and put that nand.bin on it and the \bootmii\ files?
May 15, 2009 04:01PM
Do you have 2 SD cards? Assuming so, your best bet is to just leave the Bootmii files on one. If you need to restore NAND, go to that feature in Bootmii and before you click it, switch out the SD card with the one that has NAND.bin. :)
May 20, 2009 10:54PM
I just have 1 SD-card available for Wii usage. For homebrew, I have a lot of big files on it (huge data files for scummvm for example). There is no room to keep the nand.bin on it. So I'm really wondering if I can just copy it to a PC and restore it later if necessarry.
May 21, 2009 02:51AM
I don't see why not. That's what I did. Actually burned the nand.bin file along with the bootmii directory to a cd to store away in case of emergencies.

Now if it copied the blocks bit for bit to the SD card rather than as a file on the fat32 FS (like I originally thought was going to be when it wanted to format the card), it'd be a different story. But looks like it's ok to save the nand.bin somewhere and bring it back later when needed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login