Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BootMii upgrade to new versions in future

Posted by sephk 
BootMii upgrade to new versions in future
May 16, 2009 03:18PM
I haven't installed BooMii yet, though the testing does say that I can install all 3 items. What I would like to understand is how will an installed BootMii upgraded in future. Would it need to be reinstalled on boot2 overwriting the previous install? Or would only the SD card files will need to be replaced?

-----------------
Late 2007 US Wii, System Menu 4.0, HBC installed with Twilight Hack when on 3.2, nothing else touched
Re: BootMii upgrade to new versions in future
May 16, 2009 04:45PM
sephk
I haven't installed BooMii yet, though the testing does say that I can install all 3 items. What I would like to understand is how will an installed BootMii upgraded in future. Would it need to be reinstalled on boot2 overwriting the previous install? Or would only the SD card files will need to be replaced?

-----------------
Late 2007 US Wii, System Menu 4.0, HBC installed with Twilight Hack when on 3.2, nothing else touched

The simple answer is, both. Bugs and such might be found in the installed version, or even compatibility updates = new flash.

SD card files will definitely be upgraded, as MINI gets further progressed, etc.
May 16, 2009 06:37PM
makes sense. How safe would that be.... flashing boot2? As a proof of concept has anyone tried installing current beta over itself?
May 16, 2009 11:35PM
It's relatively safe. The code has been thoroughly tested. The only real danger is a power failure.
May 17, 2009 01:06AM
Yes, I've tried installing the beta over itself, it's perfectly safe.
May 19, 2009 10:24AM
Anonymoose
Yes, I've tried installing the beta over itself, it's perfectly safe.

Same here! Worked fine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login