Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

boot 1 wont let boot2 go through

Posted by revnmaynard 
boot 1 wont let boot2 go through
August 11, 2009 02:30AM
when i try to install the homebrew channel with bannerbomb it states "the installed boot1 version prevents a boot 2 install (-2)". my boot1 is the twilight hack. so this means i need to need erase the original homebrew channel then try again. my question is if i do this will it lose the success that i've made? if i cant reinstall the homebrew channel for some odd reason like because it still recognizes the homebrew files in the wii am i screwed? thank you and i look forward to a response.
Re: boot 1 wont let boot2 go through
August 11, 2009 04:16AM
revnmaynard
my boot1 is the twilight hack. .

You are missunderstanding something.
Boot1 is a piece of software, that is loaded at startup. It is fixed and can't be changed. It's job is to check boot2 and then run it.
Older boot1s have an error, that can be abused to replace boot2 with somethign else.
Your Boot1 is too new. It does not have the error. It will only run an original boot2.

(And the Twilight Hack is a piece of code, that is hidden in a Zelda savegame and executed by Zelda, because Zelda also has an error. There is no relationship between boot1 and the Twilight Hack)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2009 03:59PM by daniel_c_w.
August 11, 2009 08:16AM
Boot1 is a part of the Boot Process. Nintendo have made it so tht with that version of Boot1, Bootmii cannot be installed to Boot2, the next part.
August 11, 2009 07:09PM
can u tell me what i gotta do to get the homebrew channel back so i can run it again
August 11, 2009 08:55PM
You can still put the HBC on. Boot1 will only affect Bootmii installation.
August 12, 2009 05:52AM
when i try it freezes kinda like what happened when i updated my homebrew channel. and thats how i got where i am right now please help i dont know what to do thank you. do u think its because im tring to upgrade to homebrew 1.0.3 or 1.3
August 12, 2009 08:30PM
The only thing I can think of is that you keep clicking on Bootmii instead of The Homebrew Channel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login