Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bootmii Install Error

Posted by Truth101 
Bootmii Install Error
August 13, 2009 08:12PM
First I'll describe the problem a bit...

Earlier I got a used Wii from a friend who didn't like it, practically brand new, I installed the homebrew channel, dvdx, and bootmii as an ios.

Now My Wii wouldn't read the Brawl Disc, so I sent to nintendo after removing the homebrew channel ect...

Today I got back the Wii reinstalled the homebrew channel and dvdx. Now the problem starts here I already had bootmii installed as an Ios, yet I wanted it as a boot2 which I didn't install it as before. So I uninstall the IOS and try installing boot2 I get this error.

Mounting SD Card......
Creating Directory '/bootmii'...

Failed (-1)

I proceed to exit the install screen and exit from the Hackmii interface, then this happens.

Flushing log files....
Error Flushing log files to SD (-2)

I reset the system and everything is working fine except I have no bootmii.

While it's possible this is an SD card problem... I have a microsd card put into an SD adapter... I never had this error before when I previously installed bootmii with the same setup.

If you can help me out Thanks...

I hope I gave enough information =)
Re: Bootmii Install Error
August 13, 2009 09:56PM
It's your SD. I think
August 14, 2009 04:52AM
on SD cards, on the left hand side, there's a little lock switch, you probably just knocked it to LOCK, down = locked, up = unlocked
August 14, 2009 08:04PM
cactusjack901
on SD cards, on the left hand side, there's a little lock switch, you probably just knocked it to LOCK, down = locked, up = unlocked

Ah I feel like an Idiot... That's exactly what I did I noticed the lock and was playing with it and must have left it locked =(

Time to make my backup now...

Thanks again for your help ^.^
August 14, 2009 11:30PM
Yeah, I've made that error a bunch of times, it happens to the best of us
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login