Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BootMii/boot2 File Execution

Posted by cloaknsmoke 
BootMii/boot2 File Execution
September 09, 2009 02:35AM
So, one of the options in the boot2 menu is to explore the SD card, right? Well, I tried to select a file (wanted to see what it would do), and it said "Failed to boot selected file!" The file was a valid Wii Homebrew program (a dol). My question is what kind of files can it boot?
Re: BootMii/boot2 File Execution
September 09, 2009 09:27PM
Those written for MINI. currently there is only MIKE Linux and Comex's NAND formatter.
September 09, 2009 09:28PM
They need to be specially made MINI apps (MINI is Team Twiizers replacment for IOS, the regular firmware of the Wii). Regular (IOS) apps wont work on MINI, and vice versa. Currently, there aren't many MINI apps, but hopefully soon that will change, and maybe one day it'll become the standard for homebrew.
September 10, 2009 07:56AM
Personally, I doubt it will become the standard. However, MINI removes a lot of limitations and therefore is used for things like Operating Systems and low-level functions.
September 10, 2009 03:54PM
Hopefully that happens, so we don't have to install any cIOS stuff/downgrade crap anymore to do certain things. (USB 2.0 support/regular DVD support/NAND stuffs) Of course, it will follow with backup loaders and all that, but what we can do about them?
September 11, 2009 07:12AM
Matoking
Hopefully that happens, so we don't have to install any cIOS stuff/downgrade crap anymore to do certain things. (USB 2.0 support/regular DVD support/NAND stuffs) Of course, it will follow with backup loaders and all that, but what we can do about them?

That's the price we pay for having to use exploits to run homebrew, semi-unfortunately (I speak in-support of legitimate backups, but.. well... you know how it goes)
September 11, 2009 06:52PM
You dont need cIOS crap or downgrade stuff for USB2.0, DVD support or NAND "stuffs". You can do all that on the latest system menu if you have a few trucha IOS. Well, USB2.0 requires a cIOS, but its no the bad cIOS, its a good one. And DVDx can be installed easily on the latest system menu, without any trucha IOS.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login