Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

'Bootmii is not installed, too dangerous to continue' - means what exactly?

Posted by CapBloodbeard 
'Bootmii is not installed, too dangerous to continue' - means what exactly?
October 18, 2009 03:00AM
When bootmii is installed as an ios, does it ALWAYS come up with the 'bootmii is not installed, too dangerous to continue' error message when you try to restore the NAND, or is this pointing to a more particular problem?

I only ask because I'm semi-bricked my wii as per [forum.wiibrew.org] , and I'm just trying to figure out exactly how scary that message is - and how to restore my nand.

Also, at this point, how exactly do you press a+b+y+z (or whatever the 4 buttons are) without a gamecube controller?
Re: 'Bootmii is not installed, too dangerous to continue' - means what exactly?
October 18, 2009 08:31PM
You can only restore your NAND if you have BootMii installed as boot2. The IOS version of BootMii will not restore your NAND.
October 18, 2009 10:25PM
You CAN restore a NAND, but you NEED a GC controller and you have to press A+B+Y+Z all at once. It is incredibly risky, and you should not do it. If you can access BootMii as IOS, there is probably another way to fix your brick.
October 19, 2009 03:04PM
Technically, if you can access the BootMii/IOS, you can fix it without a NAND backup.
SifJar
You CAN restore a NAND, but you NEED a GC controller and you have to press A+B+Y+Z all at once. It is incredibly risky, and you should not do it. If you can access BootMii as IOS, there is probably another way to fix your brick.

Wow, didn't know that, I'm gonna guess it still doesn't overwrite the boot2 blocks. If it doesn't, I think I might try it with bootmii/IOS just because I get a kick out of this stuff (NOTE: for the life of me, I wouldn't remove bootmii/boot2 though)
October 21, 2009 12:34PM
How is your Wii semi-bricked? If it is in the exact same fashion, you can just go out, reinstall the Homebrew Channel with the official installer, get some normal IOSes, and reinstall the System Menu. You don't need to restore a NAND backup.
October 21, 2009 07:26PM
Yeah, I'm sure it probably doesnt overwrite boot2, and it definetly doesnt overwrite itself (i.e IOS254)
having problems with bootmii when i go to hbc,bootmii it freezes.also when i try to reinstall hbc it says everything can install but bootmii says boot1 version prevents boot2 install-2
October 28, 2009 01:14PM
Problem 1. Does your SD Card have all of the BootMii files?

Problem 2. You can't fix that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login