Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

homebrew channel freezes when selected from boot mii

Posted by zinger 
homebrew channel freezes when selected from boot mii
April 15, 2010 06:37AM
Hi,
i have been having problems getting homebrew channel to come up when it is selected from the boot mii screen.....i select home brew channel then the screen turns black. then nothing happends and i have to power off the wii.....i have tried boot mii configuration editor and editing various things in the .ini pad....no success any ideas ?
Re: homebrew channel freezes when selected from boot mii
April 15, 2010 11:31PM
Sounds like you need to update Bootmii with the latest hackmii installer from bootmii.org
April 16, 2010 04:39AM
Make sure you're using the latest versions of Bootmii and the HBC.
June 15, 2010 02:35PM
Hello to all,
I figured it was best to reply here as my issue is probably as the same above. Although I have searched for several hours through the net I have not found a solution yet, I hope someone here may help. Thanks in advance.

So basically the issue is the same above. When booting HBC thru Bootmii i either get colored distorted lines or a black screen. This only occurs when I turn on the wii system, bootmii starts up and HBC is selected. (boot2 method)
If I go into the HBC through the wii channel and select bootmii, then I select HBC again, it works everytime. (IOS method)
I also have a bootmii forwarder channel installed and also works, but of course that is also thru IOS.

I never had this issue when I had 3.2u, I am now on 4.1u. I have no issue running my unsupported fail, or any other app. I have also made several nand backups and no freezing or black/distorted screens have occurred thru HBC.

I would like to have the ability to enter the HBC should I corrupt the nand files in the future.

I've tried another SD card, using the latest hackmii installer (v.6). Reinstalled/Uninstalled Bootmii as Boot2/IOS (individually/both), and same with HBC. I installed HBC first then bootmii. I dont have priiloader installed. I have standby connection to Off, internet to ON. I have a wiikey v1 and startpatch installed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2010 07:11PM by SifJar.
June 16, 2010 01:16AM
Okay I after some more testing i found out that the issue has something to do with the standby function being turned OFF.
If i turn the power off (yellow light) then power on, select HBC, it works! However, if I turn off power w/red light (standby function still ON) i get distorted colored lines. I tested this with 2 sd cards of different make/size and with boot2 only installed and both boot2/IOS installed.

My question now is, if the nand becomes corrupt for whatever reason, would I still be able to access the HBC with this method? Also if the nand becomes totally corrupted, will the standby function still appear with a yellow light correctly, because if it doesn't I guess i wont be able to access HBC in that scenario.

Any ideas?
June 16, 2010 02:03PM
It seems this is a known bug, which is described here: [bugs.hackmii.com]

I didn't read it all, there may be a solution towards the bottom, but I am unsure.
June 16, 2010 11:55PM
I kind of skimmed through that, but I didn't see any solutions. I guess we'll just have to wait for an update to that. I really hate having the standby feature on all the time.
August 31, 2010 10:33PM
Just found the solution and registered just to give it to you guys.

Instead of using your wiimote you're gonna use the power and reset button on the wii console itself...short click on POWER button to move between the diffrent options on the menu and when you want to select the icon just click on RESET button...Just tried it and it works! :)
September 01, 2010 03:20AM
Oh
My
God!

where did you hear that wiicat?

Amazing, we need to get the word out!!!
September 01, 2010 07:54PM
mdbrim
Oh
My
God!

where did you hear that wiicat?

Amazing, we need to get the word out!!!

ROFLMAO!!

Yes, we all thank you for registering and sharing this important info with us!
September 01, 2010 10:22PM
Also, wiicat's post is completely irrelevant and not a "solution" at all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login