Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bootmii 1.4 booting problem

Posted by kikujade 
Bootmii 1.4 booting problem
March 29, 2012 06:02PM
I updated to this latest version of HBC and bootmii, but now, every time that I turn on the wii, it boots from bootmii instead of the system menu, so what is going on??. I installed it on boot2, I have the 4.1U firmware version, I have priiloader installed, on the bootmii.ini file I have autoboot=sysmenu, I have on the priiloader>system hacks>autoboot=sysmenu. The problem is only solved when I uninstall bootmii, anybody have a better solution?? I tried everything I could think off but uninstalling is the only way for me to boot directly to system menu, but if possible I would like to have bootmii installed just for security, in case I need to restore my NAND.
Re: Bootmii 1.4 booting problem
March 29, 2012 07:08PM
rename the "bootmii" folder on your sd card to anything else. rename it back if you want to load bootmii.
March 29, 2012 09:24PM
Setting AUTOBOOT in bootmii.ini only makes sense if you also set the BOOTDELAY.
March 29, 2012 11:49PM
Great info thank you!. Now that you mention it, I had another bootmii folder on my sd card already renamed, and that was from the previous bootmii version that I had installed. Your messages refreshed my memory on this issue, but what if I have an emergency and need bootmii but dont have access to a PC? can I rename the folder from priiloader or can I use the BOOTDELAY function as a workaround?

Also, How do you use BOOTDELAY? for some reason, instructions for commands like that on the ini file are not found on the readme, or the faq or anywhere else.
March 30, 2012 07:08AM
The commands for the .ini file are explained in the .ini file, which I think makes a lot of sense. It's a value in seconds before autobooting takes effect.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login