Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

(Idea) Is there a ps2 emulater for wiibrew or can the Wii not handle ps2 emulation??

Posted by chrono32 
(Idea) Is there a ps2 emulater for wiibrew or can the Wii not handle ps2 emulation??
September 09, 2009 12:14AM
I was thinkin how cool it would be if I could play god of war on homebrew or another ps2 game.

But I guess if Wii64 can only play 64 Roms at half speed, A ps2 Emulater woulden't really be much better would it??

Maybe not worth the trouble??

Good idea, Bad??
Re: (Idea) Is there a ps2 emulater for wiibrew or can the Wii not handle ps2 emulation??
September 09, 2009 12:33AM
I dont think the wii could handle it
Really?? So the ps2 is stronger then a Wii??
not necessarily, but the Wii isn't strong enough to handle Emulation. You've asked multiple questions like this, yet you don't seem to understand, Emulation isn't a 1:1 process, the system has to be AT LEAST twice as powerful to even begin to think of emulation being anywhere near playable.
*sigh*

See this topic for a load of information on PS2 emulation. In the end, its not possible. :)
Re: (Idea) Is there a ps2 emulater for wiibrew or can the Wii not handle ps2 emulation??
September 12, 2009 01:51AM
I'm sorry, I'm endlessly sick of these ubiquitous topics popping up ad obfuscating the quality of our forum.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.