Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

awesome idea i had

Posted by calthephenom 
awesome idea i had
September 22, 2009 01:07AM
could it be possible to create a new way to install the homebrew using RB2?
on the song night lies by bang camaro, on X vox, toward the last 30 seconds it creates a lot of lag (on my wii once it was like a frozen YT vid, how it kind of goes a few secs at a time, and then jumps forward)
could it be possible to create a new hack using night lies?
it froze my wii for the last 30 secs once, no joke
Re: awesome idea i had
September 22, 2009 01:10AM
No no no no and no. A game locking up is not something that can be exploited. The song screwing up once in a while is not a buffer overflow. just... just no
September 22, 2009 01:11AM
well what about porting the HBC to the 360, the laser cannon or watever in halo 3 causes a lot of lag
September 22, 2009 01:23AM
*twitch* no, for the same, exact reason. I generally try to be nice around here, but god damniit good sir, you're a twit!
September 22, 2009 01:26AM
Whoah....Just calm down, man. Its gonna be okay. :)
September 22, 2009 01:51AM
Agrees with cactusjack901
September 22, 2009 01:58AM
I never said I didn't agree lol, I just said that he needs to calm down. :P
September 22, 2009 02:49AM
lol
how are those steroids :)
September 22, 2009 04:01AM
lol this remind me of this guy at the old dsibrew forums made by zack
he thought an exploit could be made by a glitch he made on mario vs donkey kong march of the minys
and everyone kept telling him about the differences between a glitch and an exploit and how that glitch wouldnt work
September 22, 2009 06:13AM
yeah, this is just overflow rage from old school PSP hacking (pre 2.71 era), people en masse just didn't get the difference between a lock up, an overflow, and a glitch. Then comes this guy, who doesn't get those differences, no big deal, we were all there at one point. Then he has the 360 thing, which doesn't take into consideration the lack of way (to my knowledge, I don't have a 360), to run homebrew code, the reliance on IOS and other underlying structures of the Wii and the differences in processor architecture.
September 22, 2009 03:20PM
When it lags it means the CPU is heavy on the work/DVD is not being read properly/overheating/random stuff. Totally not an exploit.

Buffer overflow exploit, which is used by Twilight Hack, involves making the game crash using a malformed text string/code string and loading the loader code from memory, which comes from the savegame file. At least, that's how I understand it.
September 23, 2009 01:14AM
oh, well what other games could this been done with?
September 23, 2009 03:49AM
Don't know yet, we haven't had to find any, Twilight Princess works fine, and so does Bannerbomb, and in the event you have a problem with Bannerbomb, there's Super Stack Smash Bros.
September 23, 2009 06:21AM
i like the name super smash bros stack
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login