Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[request] Emulators - Quick Save/Load state

Posted by LoneR 
[request] Emulators - Quick Save/Load state
October 23, 2009 01:03AM
I'm a newcomer in the world of wii homebrew and I was pretty impressed with the quality of the emulators (Visual Boy Advance GX, FCE Ultra GX, Snes9x GX for example). However there's one critical thing they're missing - hotkeys for quick save/load state.

-----------
There are a few unassigned keys on Wii controllers (especially on a classic controller which is perfect for these kinds of games). Why not to put them to good use?
On classic controller it could be zL and zR for save/load to selected state, and small button in between - for state select.
On the Wiimote + Nunchuck you could use either Wiimote D-pad or Nunchuck Joystick (whichever one you don't use for game controls). Left/Right for save/load, up/down for next/previous state. Or a different layout that you'd like better (those were just ideas).

-----------
I really hope that those features will be implemented.
Without them those emulators will never be perfect.
Re: [request] Emulators - Quick Save/Load state
October 23, 2009 01:33AM
You have 1 flaw, the small button in between zL and zR, isn't an electrical button, it opens/closes the little snap-like things on the back of the controller
October 23, 2009 02:49AM
Heh. I was wondering what's it for.. Well still, there are enough buttons at least for save/load, so lack of unassigned keys shouldn't be the issue.
State can be selected from the emulator menu since there's no need to switch states too often.
October 23, 2009 08:24AM
GC controller c-stick?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login