Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FHeroes2 onto the Wii

Posted by HotaruKei7 
FHeroes2 onto the Wii
November 23, 2009 09:20AM
FHeroes 2 is an open-source Heroes of Might and Magic II port. It is headed to the much-anticipated Pandora after a few runs on the Palm and iPhone. I believe wholeheartedly that this would easily make it onto the Wii. Problem is, I have no idea how to do any of this. The program is based in SDL, I believe, which was just ported to the Wii. Unrefined as it may be, I think we can port this program. I have the source code available here. Any investigation or attempts to port would be vastly appreciated not only by me, but by the entire community of this game's fandom. Not sure if you need the original to play it. I tried to run it on my computer, showed a black screen and it then disappeared, so you may need the original game's files to play it.

Keep me posted, if you will. Thanks.
Re: FHeroes2 onto the Wii
November 23, 2009 09:28AM
Also, as a sidenote, in the event the original game files need to be had, the game is abandonware.
November 24, 2009 12:50AM
Abandonware doesn't necessarily mean legally free. In some cases yes, but not all.
November 24, 2009 06:43AM
It's been sold on the iPhone app store as well as Palm's for $2. In any case, with games like Doom and Quake on the Wii that necessitate the original files to play, I believe this would be legal.
November 24, 2009 05:30PM
thing with DooM and Quake though, is that those generally aren't ports of the original source code, but ports of a homebuilt engine, like PRBooM, or DooMLegacy
November 24, 2009 09:15PM
I looked up a profile of the program. It states:

"Fheroes2 is a free SDL implementation of theHeroes of the Might and Magic II engine. It is written in the C++ programming language. The latest version of the game was 20090530 released on May 30th, 2009.[1] "

Source is [libregamewiki.org]

It is its own engine for the game.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login