Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I would like to request a new or improved Mame/Arcade Emu

Posted by UnbreakableIdea 
I would like to request a new or improved Mame/Arcade Emu
May 26, 2010 10:47PM
I'm not 100% sure if this has been requested, but a quick search seemed to indicate that it hadn't.

Anyways, I would love either a better version or an all new and improved version of the Mame/Arcade board emulator. No offense (I know little about coding, other than that it is way out of my league and realm of expertise), but the current Wii Mame emu has very, very poor compatability in comparison to other ports of it.

I'm a layman, so I may be wrong, but it was my understanding that it's safe to say that the Wii is stronger in most (if not all) aspects than the original Xbox.

Mame-X (I think that's what it was called) on that original Xbox had absolutely amazing compatability, especially in comparison to the current SDL Mame Wii that's out now. Also, with all the progress being made emulating the N64 and PSX on the Wii, I have to think that it would be possible to code a far superior Mame emu to the one currently available, but there could very well be a reason (if not several) why my line of thinking and logic may be incorrect.

So yeah, in closing, is it even possible? If so, how difficult/plausible would it be? If it's not too difficult, then consider this my official request.

Much respect and thanks for this awesome site and for all the hard work that countless coders do to make all this Homebrew possible for guys who know little (if anything) about the software side of things (like myself).

Edit: In addition to higher compatability, loading from disc and some of the other bells and whistles found on many of the other Wii Emu's would be rather awesome as well.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2010 11:20PM by UnbreakableIdea.
Re: I would like to request a new or improved Mame/Arcade Emu
May 26, 2010 11:29PM
Don't be a jerk. The people who made the emulator you are blatantly slagging off worked hard on it, and (not 100% sure) probably still are. So it doesn't have full compatibility: What do you expect? It's written by devs out in their free time, they have lives too you know. Unless you're prepared to get stuck in and work hard on it yourself, I ask you don't insult the work of other people.
May 26, 2010 11:33PM
Woah, easy with the name calling chief. I didn't say anything against the people who made the current one. I specifically said "no offense" as none was intended. The only negative thing I said about it was that it currently has poor compatability when compared to other existing ports of Mame, which is 100% true.
May 27, 2010 12:20AM
Perhaps, but I'm sure anyone who's interested in working on it IS. It'd be different to request perhaps something that doesn't exist yet, or has been abandoned in the early stages, but AFAIK, this emulator is still being developed. So this thread is completely pointless.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.