Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Use an alternative mic on wii speak

Posted by kalu 
Use an alternative mic on wii speak
July 03, 2009 02:30AM
Okay..I know that so far the only thing that works with wii speak is the wii speak mic. But i was wondering, isn't there someone who can modify something (i'm not sure what) but something so that when you install the wii speak on your wii you can use any usb mic. For instance the rockband mic.
I mean there must be someway it's possible right?
I would buy it..but the conduit its self was 50 bucks i don't want to spend another 30.
Re: Use an alternative mic on wii speak
July 08, 2009 12:19AM
anybody?
July 08, 2009 12:35AM
Just because you ask for something doesn't necessarily mean you're going to get it. It may seem like a simple idea, but its probably not. Lots of the people who have the ability to code are busy with other stuff, so just be patient. If you want to, you could go learn how to develop homebrew, and then you could find a way to do it yourself. I don't think I'd be committed enough to be able to develop homebrew (I'm kinda lazy :P), so if nobody is responding, just take it upon yourself to do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2009 12:36AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
July 08, 2009 02:49AM
ya im lazy my self..
which is why im not going to do it
i just made another post because i thought this topic it might go higher on the list or w/e
obviously it did because you commented
really i understand what your saying but i don't need people to tell me if no one responds do it your self....
there is a reason im asking for help and not giving the help
July 12, 2009 07:33PM
Yeah to do that we'd have to find out how if the wiispeak mic is returning audio data in an odd format, i mean the large box like shape isnt their for show, it does filtering and some other stuff as well.

Also you need a mic that can plug into usb, the ones i have seen are for PS2, someone should test if that works, also we might need to patch the ios which is currently used for wiispeak and that could lead to other problems
July 13, 2009 10:28PM
(Hitchhiking off of what SteelSlasher said...)
It might not even be possible to perform the same audio filtering of the inputted sound on a software side. But it's hard to make assumptions as not very much is known about the device at this time.

Also, doesn't WiiSpeak also output audio? (I don't own one BTW) How could we get a USB mic to do that...
July 13, 2009 10:33PM
Afaik WiiSpeak does not output sound
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login