Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Backup boot2 before install bootmii on boot2

Posted by Trax24 
Backup boot2 before install bootmii on boot2
July 08, 2009 02:17AM
Do you know or could you add a way to backup boot2 before install bootmii on boot2. As you know, when you install bootmii on boot2 you overwrite the boot2 and there is no normal way to restore back the boot2 to default.

Another related question, if you install bootmii as IOS and you backup your nand, then you install bootmii as boot2.

Can you restore this backup?
Boot2 will be restore as the original boot2 or will stay as a bootmii boot2?.

In advance, thanks for all
Re: Backup boot2 before install bootmii on boot2
July 08, 2009 02:23AM
Erm, why the heck would you want to do that??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2009 02:23AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
July 08, 2009 02:33AM
If I get a hardware issue, and need to send back my Wii to The Big N and don't want they find that I had installed bootmii.
July 08, 2009 02:46AM
Ahh, i see....I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work. Wouldn't hurt to try. I've already installed bootmii as boot2, or else I'd test it out for you.

I wonder if nintendo likes the term "The Big N". I wouldn't. :P
July 08, 2009 11:26AM
There's no need to backup boot2. The BootMii boot2 installtion does not actually overwrite your boot2 and the deinstallation just deletes BootMii and leaves your whole boot2 memory in the state from before the installation. The Wii boots BootMii instead of the boot2 because it's tricked to think that the boot2 is inside bad blocks and that BootMii is the backup copy. TT are true geniuses.
July 08, 2009 01:32PM
I'm pretty sure there is an uninstallation option in the HackMii installer, so if you install it, and can still boot the wii as far as bootmii and can then boot hbc and load hackmii installer you're fine. Your second idea, having bootmii as IOS, backing up, then installing boot2 and restoring if necessary would probably work, but the backup would have the bootmii IOS, so restoring it would leave that IOS, which Nintendo wouldnt like.
July 08, 2009 02:33PM
WiiPower
because it's tricked to think that the boot2 is inside bad blocks and that BootMii is the backup copy.

I thought the Wii thinks, boot2 is in the older locks, not bad ones.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login