Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew Channel Suggestion?

Posted by kieranmullen 
Homebrew Channel Suggestion?
July 12, 2009 09:21PM
1)Only download update list when it has changed. Not every time. COmpare file size
2)When updates are detected, instead of presenting a user with a plain list, why can't one just click the names on that list to go directly to that title?
3)Auto update option (Some may not like this)

Thanks!

KM
Re: Homebrew Channel Suggestion?
July 12, 2009 09:32PM
I don't know what you're talking about for 1), but 2) sounds rather... doable. I don't think 3) is gonna happen. 2) MIGHT be done for the upcoming HBC 1.1/1.0.4 (probably gonna be a big update, like Beta 9 -> 1.0)
July 12, 2009 10:11PM
I think he's talking about homebrew browser, not homebrew channel.

And btw, 3) already happens, and I think 1) does too. As for 2), it seems unnessecary to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2009 10:12PM by SifJar.
July 13, 2009 09:33AM
SifJar

Oh... yeah. HBB. right
July 13, 2009 11:59PM
How does #3 already happen? I was presented with a list of updates yesterday, they were not automaticaly updated. I had to go find the titles and when it had an update icon on it I got the details of the program and the button said update instead of download which is normally displayed thus clearly indicating an update has already been done.

#2 When you click on a title on the short update list nothing happens, you have to close it and then find the title again manually in the list.

I do not know what you are talking about but I just tried this yesterday when some updates came out.

SifJar

And btw, 3) already happens, and I think 1) does too. As for 2), it seems unnessecary to me.
July 14, 2009 12:04AM
When SifJar said it already auto-updates, he was talking about the actual program, not the apps you can download. To make it so you don't have to scroll through all of them, just go to the "Apps you've downloaded" section (the icon is in the upper-right corner).

Hope that answers your question. :)
July 14, 2009 02:50AM
N o I was referring to the apps installed to be auto updated. It is obvious when the list pop ups that there are updates available and the list pops up by itself so therefore it autoupdates. I am talking about the installed apps to be auto updated, or at LEAST make the short list list of updated titles and a direct link when clicked on to go to the actual title.

KM

WaxyPumpkin72
When SifJar said it already auto-updates, he was talking about the actual program, not the apps you can download. To make it so you don't have to scroll through all of them, just go to the "Apps you've downloaded" section (the icon is in the upper-right corner).

Hope that answers your question. :)
July 14, 2009 02:51AM
Ya, I know. Thats what I just said.
July 14, 2009 11:48AM
Yeah sorry, I misunderstood you there. But as Waxy said, just click the Installed Apps icon in the top right corner, then it will present you with a list of apps you have installed. Then click the button at the right hand side which has a downward arrow on it. (On other screens this takes you to download queue). This will update all apps you have which have new versions available.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login