Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Various things, aircrack-ng, etc...

Posted by master5o1 
Various things, aircrack-ng, etc...
July 29, 2009 11:29PM
I was thinking, the Wii would be a perfect system to use for aircrack-ng. It would be quite cool to have it ported over somehow, or at least, when Linux gets wireless on here.... :)

I had something else in my head but I forgot :|
Re: Various things, aircrack-ng, etc...
July 31, 2009 04:50PM
Aircracking is generally illegal since it is most always done without the consent of owner of the wifi connection.
August 01, 2009 01:58AM
I beg to differ that it would be the perfect system for cracking.
August 01, 2009 11:38AM
yeah, surely a portable would be better? but still, its mainly illegal uses, so I am against it, on any platform.
August 01, 2009 04:02PM
My laptop is plenty more portable than the wii, and it has a battery, and has eiser wireless capabilities, i gues you could port apps, but what about loading drivers like Cisco wireless, for EAP fast and things like that.
August 04, 2009 12:01PM
Ok, well, let's er... give my weak arse justification of its uses:

To analyse and test the security of my own network while it is under regular use (My computer, my mum's computer, etc...), without the need to stop one's computer (it's not 'regular use' if my computer is not using the Internet as I do normally...considering that aircrack-ng is only on my laptop :|).

Also, the data collection required to actually crack a network (wep or wpa) is roughly minimum of 40,000 data units ("captured ivs").

...time required to gather the data is way too much for me to be bothered if I were to actually crack someone's network.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2009 12:02PM by master5o1.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login