Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ocarina App (Not the cheat application)

Posted by ipsilonv 
Re: Ocarina App (Not the cheat application)
September 07, 2009 12:18AM
ipsilonv
There would be several ways of doing this

Just find someone on youtube playing an ocarina, download the video, rip the audio, and edit out everything except the notes from the ocarina. :D

I could do it easy-peasy. :P lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2009 12:19AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
September 07, 2009 01:29AM
is that ok to do??
September 07, 2009 01:31AM
Yeah, it wouldn't be that hard. Just send a message to somebody with a ocarina, and ask them to record a lot of notes, and will rip the sound. As long as that person is ok with it, it is legal. Coding a very simple app isn't too hard either.
September 07, 2009 01:34AM
darklink
is that ok to do??
Unless he was playing something that was copyrighted, I'm pretty sure that its fine.
September 07, 2009 04:24PM
If you can assemble the audio and figure out a clear design for the app's control scheme, I'm sure someone will do it. After all, it's just playing sounds when buttons are pressed. It's not that hard (or particularly time consuming)...
September 07, 2009 08:20PM
I saw an ad in a magazine recently for orcarinas...I may look that up and maybe if they're not too expensive, someone would like to buy one? Just a suggestion...

EDIT: Wow, didnt realise they'd be so expensive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2009 09:40PM by SifJar.
September 07, 2009 11:59PM
Well, I might start to ask around in the google videos later.
September 08, 2009 04:01PM
i have an ocarina.. but no idea how to play it.
September 08, 2009 06:53PM
aujakev
If you have a digital camera and a youtube account, would you mind just hitting each note along the ocarina? Then just upload a video of it....
September 09, 2009 02:27AM
I've already started the recruitment process to get someone to provide the sounds. If anyone is interested in being the programmer please send me a pm and I will facilitate you the sounds in due time. If you have already started with something like this, and don't need my help, please say so too.

I am not trying to be project leader, or even be named in the credits. I'm just trying to make this little project possible since I asked for it.

EDIT: I already got someone to do it. He will send me an mp3 with all the sounds. I'll divide it and enhance it as necessary. I'll also try to see if I can do the special effects of the original. Coder still needed.

Also, about the GUI and the control scheme. I don't want to design anything too complicated yet because it depends on the coder's abilities and time. That is if I do get a coder. I guess I'll get the sounds ready and keep asking coders.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2009 03:59AM by ipsilonv.
September 09, 2009 04:42PM
WaxyPumpkin72
aujakev
If you have a digital camera and a youtube account, would you mind just hitting each note along the ocarina? Then just upload a video of it....

yeah i will even make an mp3 too! i will try to get it up asap
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login