Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Maelstrom (Classic Mac OS game)

Posted by bg4545 
Maelstrom (Classic Mac OS game)
September 11, 2010 01:55AM
I remember playing this game years ago, it's basically a remake of Atari's Asteroids. It's got shields and UFOs and other extras. It came out in 1993 as shareware for Mac OS but has been ported to Linux and now SDL so I believe it can be ported.
The source code is here:
[www.libsdl.org]
And you can download the game for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS (and OS X) here:
[www.libsdl.org]

This used to be my favorite when I was like 4 or 5 years old and I would love to see it on the Wii.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2012 01:53AM by bg4545.
Re: Maelstrom (Classic Mac OS game)
September 11, 2010 04:36AM
I ported it 95% of the way.

Theres one linking error with SDL that I dont understand telling me theres multiple definitions of main.

Also, Im not sure how image/resources loading works. If its loaded from a buffer, the makefile will need to be changed to compile the Image folder in the source into data. If images/resources are loaded externally, you'll need to hardcode:
const char *Path(const char *filename) (in load.h) to return something like "sd:/apps/Maelstrom/".

Once the weird linking error is fixed and it compiles and loading of files is addressed everything else should work.

I'd finish it myself but I'm really pressed for time this weekend. I'll try to finish it probably on Wednesday at the earliest if no one else does.

Grab my build here: [www.mediafire.com]
September 11, 2010 05:38AM
Yeah the images are stored separately, good job so far!
October 01, 2010 08:18AM
I looked at it myself and there's multiple "int main"s (I'm not a coder :P ).
The source is pretty confusing to look at :s
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login