Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Change default system audio volume

Posted by fla_2 
Change default system audio volume
January 02, 2011 05:43AM
How would one go about changing the default audio volume? In my case the Wii is way louder than anything else connected to my AV receiver. Google finds many people wanting to adjust the default Wii volume but the only answer is that it would be easy for Nintendo to release an update that supported this but they haven't. Wouldn't it be possible for a Wii with homebrew to change the default audio volume? I can see the AI_VOLUME register here has AVRR and AVRL so these must get initialized from bytes in the code/data somewhere.

This is something I personally would run only once so no UI would be needed if the patched volume was persistent.
Re: Change default system audio volume
January 02, 2011 10:08PM
This register is probably set and changed by every game or channel launched. So, there is mostlikly no default volume setting for the wii that could be changed. Even if there was, the code for it would be deep inside some executable that would have to disassembled to find the one line that sets this variable. Then you would have to change the binary code that sets this. Sorry, this just isn't possible or worth the effort.
January 02, 2011 10:43PM
g_man
This register is probably set and changed by every game or channel launched. So, there is mostlikly no default volume setting for the wii that could be changed. Even if there was, the code for it would be deep inside some executable that would have to disassembled to find the one line that sets this variable. Then you would have to change the binary code that sets this. Sorry, this just isn't possible or worth the effort.

This seems very likely, as I always notice that Nintendo published games and channels are much louder than third party stuff.
January 03, 2011 04:42PM
That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for replying.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login