Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiiConnect started again!

Posted by jsmaster 
WiiConnect started again!
April 24, 2011 07:11AM
I have decided to pick the WiiConnect project back up. Any comments, or questions can be posted here. If anyone can help in ANY way, it would be very appreciated!
Re: WiiConnect started again!
April 24, 2011 02:33PM
wow, you have a ton of things that you want to implement. I do not even know where to start with a comment. Overall good luck. is there any chance that it will/could have a API for allowing multiplayer homebrew games? even if it is just random people?
April 24, 2011 03:08PM
owen
wow, you have a ton of things that you want to implement. I do not even know where to start with a comment. Overall good luck. is there any chance that it will/could have a API for allowing multiplayer homebrew games? even if it is just random people?

Thanks! I am planning on making some sort of API for other homebrew, that way people could see what games you are playing, and you could get chat notifications while playing other homebrew.
May 04, 2011 07:38AM
Where u been :P
May 09, 2011 10:26PM
Would it be possible to put in a kaillera client support or a ported version of mIRC with chat bot support?
June 26, 2011 12:14PM
As long as the email client works, that's fine with me. I think RSS feeds were already planned, but that would be nice too. With either of these I could just fake Wii messages sent to me without having to go to the Wii Menu. All us homebrewers will be looking forward to it, just as much as a new release of Wii64. WTF happened to that anyway?
July 03, 2011 06:46PM
PetMetroid
All us homebrewers will be looking forward to it, just as much as a new release of Wii64. WTF happened to that anyway?

The developers took a shit and found that their brains went down the crapper with it. Just use bg4545's version as it all-around works better forum.wiibrew.org.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2011 06:49PM by technoman.
July 03, 2011 10:17PM
technoman
The developers took a shit and found that their brains went down the crapper with it.
No need to insult the hard-working devs that bring you these emulators. They are still (AFAICT) working on Wii64 in the background as well as PS364.
July 05, 2011 12:55AM
bg4545
technoman
The developers took a shit and found that their brains went down the crapper with it.
No need to insult the hard-working devs that bring you these emulators. They are still (AFAICT) working on Wii64 in the background as well as PS364.

Sorry. It just seems that the stuff that they put out isn't revised enough and doesn't work too well. If I knew anything about coding I would try and join the team and put some more effort into Wii64 and WiiSX.
July 05, 2011 03:19AM
technoman
Sorry. It just seems that the stuff that they put out isn't revised enough and doesn't work too well. If I knew anything about coding I would try and join the team and put some more effort into Wii64 and WiiSX.
"Isn't revised enough"? If you knew anything about coding you wouldn't be saying that. They've put a lot of time and effort into it.
July 05, 2011 08:00AM
bg4545
technoman
"Isn't revised enough"? If you knew anything about coding you wouldn't be saying that. They've put a lot of time and effort into it.

He admitted he's not a coder and that's why he said it seemed to not be revised enough.

I agree with your comment earlier though that you shouldn't rag on the coders. We shouldn't complain about volunteer work.
September 05, 2011 06:58AM
Hey I am an Eagle scout & a current volunteer that helps people move from one place to another - laborous I might add & for free. What technoman means is they don't seem dedicated anymore. There hasn't been an update for over a year & a half I know because I've been checking Wiibrew every week. I know enough about volunteer work that if you take on a task you dedicate yourself until your finished. Of course take breaks but this is rediculous. If you haven't updated in a year people think you bagged the whole project or just don't care anymore which I've felt the same way. We are just getting impatient. No offense to the team who "IS" working on it. It just seems abandoned.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2011 07:35AM by punkydudester.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login