Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[SOLVED]Booting Whiite linux with Bannerbomb

Posted by peter 
[SOLVED]Booting Whiite linux with Bannerbomb
June 08, 2010 04:41PM
I've been trying to get Whiite linux running on my Wii (4.2) for the last couple of days with no success. I followed the instructions on the gc-linux wiki and used Bannerbomb v2 to load the kernel, but after the scam warning all I get is a black screen. Any ideas as to what might be going wrong?

I've tested Bannerbomb with PONG and everything worked as it should. I've also tried wii-linux PoC 0.4 with no success.

I'm aware that it may work better after installing BootMii, but I'd rather not make any changes to the NAND at this stage. Of course, I'm not too familiar with Wii homebrew so I may have misunderstood something at a fundamental level here!

Any help is appreciated,
Peter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2010 04:22PM by peter.
Re: Booting Whiite linux with Bannerbomb
June 08, 2010 09:44PM
You may have better results if you install the homebrew channel and then launch the Linux installer from the homebrew channel. Some apps actually won't work with bannerbomb depending the version of bannerbomb you are using and internal settings in your Wii.
June 09, 2010 12:15AM
You could try using bannerbomb to run LoadMii ( [www.wiibrew.org] ), and use LoadMii to run Wii Linux. For some homebrew, that can fix issues when running from bannerbomb.
June 09, 2010 12:51AM
MiKe
Mini Kernel?

You cant run mike without bootmii. This means making either a change to your boot2 or NAND.

For best results install bootmii as boot2, and use the mikep5 mini kernel version specific to your tv.
or install bootmii as an IOS and use the mikep5 IOS kernel version.

If you still don't want to sack up.
This kernel will probably load through bannerbomb, but you will lose features.
[sourceforge.net]
June 09, 2010 01:21PM
linus
MiKe
Mini Kernel?

You cant run mike without bootmii. This means making either a change to your boot2 or NAND.

For best results install bootmii as boot2, and use the mikep5 mini kernel version specific to your tv.
or install bootmii as an IOS and use the mikep5 IOS kernel version.

If you still don't want to sack up.
This kernel will probably load through bannerbomb, but you will lose features.
[sourceforge.net]

Uh, I'm fairly sure that MiKe MINI version is for both BootMii/boot2 and BootMii/IOS, seeing as both use MINI, and MiKe IOS version is for loading via HBC/other homebrew loading method, seeing as then it'll be running on IOS. So the IOS version should work from bannerbomb in theory.
June 10, 2010 05:51PM
Thanks for all the quick replies.

I'll give LoadMii a go. If that doesn't help then I may need to come up with a new plan!

EDIT: LoadMii worked perfectly. I used this post for a bit of guidance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2010 04:24PM by peter.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login