Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NAND dumping from linux

Posted by thewiiman 
NAND dumping from linux
June 14, 2010 10:13PM
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if you can boot the Wii into linux and dump the NAND? I know BootMii will do it I'm just wondering if linux can "see" the NAND. I couldn't see it under /dev/.

Cheers!
Re: NAND dumping from linux
June 14, 2010 10:21PM
I don't think so, why would you need to though?
June 14, 2010 11:04PM
No reason really. Just curiosity. I was thinking about using linux to modify the NAND in the same sort of way you can use an infectus for. Maybe fixing minor bricking problems? Like fixing a PC filesystem with a live cd. It's all a bit academic if linux can't access the NAND though! ;-p I just installed linux on my Wii and wondered what I could use it for.

It makes sense though. If it were possible someone would have done it already I suppose.
June 14, 2010 11:21PM
That would be kinda cool, dunno if it'd be possible, but I think it may be if drivers were made or something (just guessing here, don't know anything about linux really, booted a live cd on my computer once and couldn't get internet to work so never tried it again).
June 15, 2010 01:38AM
Not tried Linux on Wii but nand or nor is usually /dev/mtdblock*, at least with the embedded linux projects I've done.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login