Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New WiiToo! page on WiiBrew

Posted by georgp24 
New WiiToo! page on WiiBrew
November 07, 2010 04:12PM
I decided to rewrite and extend the WiiToo! page on WiiBrew. It now includes a guide to install WiiToo! using the whiite linux installer and Windows and covers configuring the WLAN connection in great detail. Plus various other extensions.

I hope this will get more users running WiiToo! successfully.

Georg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2010 04:13PM by georgp24.
Re: New WiiToo! page on WiiBrew
November 07, 2010 04:43PM
Nice work, just a little suggestion: Instead of guiding people through the process of building a Whiite Linux Installer compatible bundle for WiiToo!, would it not make life easier if you just zipped up your three files "wiitoo-28oct2009.tar.bz2", "kernel.tar.bz2" and "whiite-linux-installer.conf" and uploaded them for people to download?
November 07, 2010 05:11PM
You are right, this would make the installation really simple. However, this is an archive of 140 MB. I will see if I can upload it to the WiiBrew site.

Georg

I could make an xz archive from that which will reduce the size significantly. This can be extracted with 7zip then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2010 05:12PM by georgp24.
November 07, 2010 05:57PM
If you can't host it on WiiBrew, there are a number of other file hosting services out there you could try. Of course, if its going to be a lot of hassle, don't bother, it doesn't look too complicated anyway.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login